Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Robyn

Who is this Tiffany Haddish and why does he want to work with her so badly?

Reel

She's a comedian who had some TV acting roles, but her breakout was in 'Girl's Trip' last summer. I've heard alot of glowing praise for the movie but PTA's endorsement seals the deal that it must be good.

polkablues

I would hesitate to say it was good, but she is very memorably good in it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

Yes, people talk about how good she is. They don't talk about the movie.
Ascension.

Robyn

I watched a few clips with her, and totally fell in love with her. She's amazing. A PTA comedy with her would be gold. Something short and sweet like Punch-Drunk Love, maybe?

HACKANUT

if the Jazz Epic is gonna be a thing, I can see her as a really charismatic lounge singer. Maybe PTA can bring back the wonderful Don Cheadle?

Tdog

I tried watching Girls Trip but it was baaaaaad.

And yes please bring back Don Cheadle!!!!!!!

csage97

I've been listening to PTA podcasts lately and came across some words he had to say about Tiffany Haddish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZz2gKswMY&t=70m35s

He also has some interesting things to say about  movies "rushing around" and cuts happening too fast, which can take away from a great performance of an actor doing their thing. That part is shortly after the timestamp in the link I provided, at about 1:13:20.

EDIT: Whoops! My timestamp for the podcast didn't work! PTA talks about Tiffany Haddish at 1:10:45!

jviness02

She talked about two different ideas PTA discussed with her:

https://mobile.twitter.com/djkevlar/status/970755813630361601

The 1600's film would be in London...I bet that's a ghost story.

HACKANUT

wow 1600s. was not expecting that! a ghost story would be so wonderful but its impossible to choose between 30s/40s black LA or 1600s spooky england.

Heisenberg

Her saying she expects to work with PTA before Chalamet tells me his next film might be closer than we realize.

Robyn

it makes me happy that he's making movies at a faster pace now. no more five years wait!

Tdog

So today someone at Filmstage listened to the interview PTA had with Bill Simmons. They are now claiming based on PTA's clear hyperbole and exaggerations that he is working on a 600 page screenplay. Now /Film are reporting the same thing. Bahahahahahaahahhahha

matt35mm

Quote from: Tdog on April 16, 2018, 07:27:44 PM
So today someone at Filmstage listened to the interview PTA had with Bill Simmons. They are now claiming based on PTA's clear hyperbole and exaggerations that he is working on a 600 page screenplay. Now /Film are reporting the same thing. Bahahahahahaahahhahha

Also that interview was from December so the degree to which they are trying to make news out of this is so silly.

Tdog

Quote from: matt35mm on April 16, 2018, 08:30:33 PM
Quote from: Tdog on April 16, 2018, 07:27:44 PM

Also that interview was from December so the degree to which they are trying to make news out of this is so silly.
And now they are writing articles about PTA's comments on Tarantino quitting after 10 movies (again from a months old interview). WTF is going on???????????