giant fucking face

Started by sphinx, April 16, 2003, 12:26:20 AM

Sleepless

Quote from: That ArticleWhen the DVD was released on August 9, the cover allegedly featured Eisenberg's name in large letters above the title of the film over a large photo of Eisenberg's face superimposed on an image of cabins in the woods.

Allegedly?

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reel

Pubrick

I swear that had been posted already.

I distinctly remember someone commenting on him being bigger than the whole city.

Maybe it was in worst cover art.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on October 15, 2012, 10:48:49 PM
I swear that had been posted already.

I distinctly remember someone commenting on him being bigger than the whole city.

Maybe it was in worst cover art.

Previous page.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Dammit I even looked.

I musta scrolled so fast the image didn't have time to load.

Anyway reelist what's your excuse
under the paving stones.

Reel

Oh, damn. I guess I just thought it was enough of an unknown movie that no one had noticed it before! And I wanted to point out how much I hate the title. I just bought the DVD and can't wait to watch it, but looking at the cover I'm like "What the hell is going on here?"  The shit is so bad, it deserves to be on every page of this thread anyway.

socketlevel

Quote from: Reelist on October 16, 2012, 08:02:02 AM
Oh, damn. I guess I just thought it was enough of an unknown movie that no one had noticed it before! And I wanted to point out how much I hate the title. I just bought the DVD and can't wait to watch it, but looking at the cover I'm like "What the hell is going on here?"  The shit is so bad, it deserves to be on every page of this thread anyway.

I've seen it, it's kinda great. goes wonky the same way Network does with the liberation army at about the halfway point. It's a heavily political movie and the "hi, mom" is referencing the age old shout out that people say when caught on live camera.

It's raw de palma, raw deniro. it's a super sloppy movie but you see how both the actor and director were fuck the system at the time. so punk rock, you should check it.

That dvd cover is one of those made 40 years later to sell the movie to deniro fans kinda things, here is the original poster:

http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_poster/hi_mom_1970.htm

the one last hit that spent you...

Fernando

this is probably my favorite thread title.

another great one was Above All, I am a Thread. An Official Spoiler Thread, Just Like You, unfortunately its title had to change because some ppl are just dumb.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Fernando on October 17, 2012, 10:38:29 AM
this is probably my favorite thread title.

Mine too.

And don't forget we have the top Google result for giant fucking face. That warms my heart.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reel

^ One of the rare examples that actually works.

another Hopkins movie that does:

some that really fuckin' don't: