giant fucking face

Started by sphinx, April 16, 2003, 12:26:20 AM

sphinx

picolas

budgie

Yes, that is awful, specially with 'two thumbs up!' grinning away beneath it. Critcs' soundbites in promotion, particularly trailers, is bad enough, but even worse on products.

I like the poster for 25th Hour, how can't they see the difference between that and this?

Jeremy Blackman

There are two Edward Nortons on that cover...

Duck Sauce

I liked the poster where it had creases on it to look like its been folded and used a lot.

Ghostboy

Wow! That looks like crap!

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mindfuck

Wow, that Far From Heaven DVD is quite possibly the ugliest cover ever created by man.

Duck Sauce

Who designs these covers? High School students with access to photoshop?

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Ernie

Well, I guess Spike Lee doesn't care at all about his fans...the thing is freaking awful.

I fucking love the PDL dvd cover now...at least it's original.

Thinking about it now, it would be easy to fix despite how bad it is...if they would just take the god forsaken BIG, HUGE Ed Norton out and let the nyc horizon continue to the left, leaving only the small Ed Norton right where he is...it would look pretty fucking cool. Not bad, huh? For someone who's never been in a computer imaging class or anything I mean. That would look awesome.

EDIT - take the fucking critic quotes off too...and make the title a little bigger to compensate for the removal of the giant Norton...then that is perfection. If somebody that's good with photoshop wants to do this, I actually kinda wanna see what it would look like...only if you want to.

Satcho9

I dont know about you guys, but I buy my DVDs because of the critics quotes. How else  would i know if the movie is any good!?!?

Sleuth

It's like that saying, "...judge a book by its cover"
I like to hug dogs

Duck Sauce

If only all DVD covers were either sphinx or criterionish. Something that would be funny if a dvd came out with only critics quotes and awards on the cover just layered on top of each other so you couldnt see anything.

dufresne

they might as well have gone all the way and showed the way his face REALLY looked like on his final car ride to prison.  it's like they photoshopped most of the bruising and cuts, and just left all the swelling.

oh well. i'm probably still gonna buy it.  great fucking film.

and speaking of dvd covers (you probably have already discussed this cover), check out Auto Focus.  personally, i think this cover will detract people who know nothign about the film to actually pick it up and rent it.

:(

There are shadows in life, baby.