Nashville

Started by bonanzataz, February 01, 2003, 01:00:17 AM

bonanzataz

I bought this movie on DVD solely based on Paul's recommendation and didn't think too much of it. But then I just started thinking about it and had to watch it again. So I did that and it's very good. Anybody else ever see this movie? It's great!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

Man, I LOVE this movie!

This was one of the movies that made me start taking note of Altman's work.

It's definitely cool for me to see all of the locations in the movie (knowing exactly where they are). And, it's neat to see what the city I live in looked like 25 years ago, too.

But beyond that, I love this movie because you can clearly see much of the inspiration that PTA found for Magnolia. It's a tapestry of intertwined lives that builds up to a climax - even though it doesn't really do anything more than show a day in the life of somewhat normal people.

I know that people usually credit "Short Cuts" as an inspiration for Magnolia, but I see more similarities in Nashville than in Short Cuts.

I also love the way that Altman always allows scenes to naturally flow where conversation is involved. It causes you to have to listen more carefully, but it also means that you discover new things about he movie upon repeated viewings because you might not have heard it the first time around. He allows people to talk the same as in real life - by several conversations taking place at once. I just love that about Altman's work.

This is a great film in every way. You've made me break out the DVD again and put it on.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ernie

Yeah, the same thing happened with me man. I was just watching it the first time and sort of shrugging afterwards like a little dick only to find myself wanting to watch it the very next day. I watched it again and I loved it. Movies like that are so weird. They are like a different movie the second time around, you know.

Duck Sauce

Me too ebeaman. When I watched it I admit I was bored in a way and kind of wanting it to end. But now looking back, it seemed pretty good./

Ghostboy

It's one of those movies that just seems limitless. It could be three hours or six hours or five minutes, it's so involving. The first time you're watching it, you're kinda like..."so what exactly is the point?" And then the climax brings it all together so powerfully. It's a brilliant portrait of America's loss of innocence.

ReelHotGames

I think this can really be Altman's seminal piece of work, it's so subtle and the fact that it is utterly chaotic but so masterfully stroked together it's beautiful.

Jeff Goldblum riding the mean machine and doing the salt trick at the counter.

The Carradine song, and the women in the audience's reaction.

Sandy Dennis in general, this movie is so flowing, yet structered, each piece fitting exactly with those around it.

Top five movie of mine of all time, and you can;t deny the influence on PTA even in Boogie Nights, the flow, the use of music... It really shows.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Xixax

I live down the street from where Sueleen Gay showed her boobies. Woo Woo!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]