NAME THIS MYSTERIOUS MOVIE

Started by Jake_82, April 24, 2003, 08:53:14 PM

pete

I feel like this whole thread is just a long con by Criterion to get us to buy some sweet DVDs
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

jenkins

the journey to this particular post has been unusual in general but usual for me, which is my style.

preserving page 129 of Peter Biskind's Down and Dirty Pictures

QuoteEvery six months I would have my Quentin Detest Fest, where I would stay up all night and go through all the things that were wrong with my life, why I wasn't doing what I was supposed to do, like you're a fuck-up, you know? It actually always, like, helped me push forward. So I was, like, "you're judging your rate of progress by your friends at the video store, and compared to them, you're doing a shit load, but they're not doing anything as far as, like, a career is concerned. You have got to get the fuck out of the South Bay. Go quit Video Archives. You need to move to fucking Hollywood because that's where it is happening. If you run with the fast crowd, you will run fast, even if you run last. By the end of the night I had decided that was what I was going to do."

annd i edited out the typos i made in the quote previously

matt35mm

Someone just asked me this and it sounds so familiar but I can't think of a title:

"Do recall ever seeing a film in which a small boy walks down a very white hallway, perhaps the hallway of a space ship or space station, and as he goes trails a pen or a crayon on the wall next to him?"