Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Started by Pozer, July 15, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

jenkins

oh you know, the way i heard about it i expected something bad, but i think it could've been better but isn't bad at all. in fact i think it says a little about the story, though i've already said too much

it's available for preorder. i'll buy it. just 'cause duh

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, not a bad cover. It lacks a GFF.

Ghostboy

Plus, if you turn it inside-out,  you'll get the original movie poster, which will be the best bet for anyone who deems it worth a purchase.

Extras include a 6-min 'Back Beyond' style montage, two solo deleted scenes, a behind the scenes doc by the Ross Brothers (that's already floating about online), a handful of trailers and, if you get the blu-ray, my first feature film on the second disk.

Reel

First item on my Christmas list for sure

Pubrick

Quote from: Ghostboy on November 29, 2013, 01:04:37 AM
my first feature film on the second disk.

this is an awesome extra. is this a common thing? i don't think i've heard of an entire feature being packaged with another film as an extra just on the basis of it being by the same director, other than those bargain bin billy madison-happy gilmore-click type collections.

or is it just to dispel the misconception that this is your first film? like when outkast broke through with stankonia and everyone was like "wow such a great first album".
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

There are a few other comparable examples, all via Criterion - Jarmusch's PERMANENT VACATION is an extra on the STRANGER THAN PARADISE disc, and Linklater's YOU CAN'T LEARN TO PLOW is on the SLACKER dvd.

I think this is the perfect DVD release for ST. NICK. It's a bare-bones disc, unfortunately, but I've got some longstanding extras that I'll put online.

ono

Quote from: Pubrick on December 02, 2013, 01:12:13 AM
this is an awesome extra. is this a common thing? i don't think i've heard of an entire feature being packaged with another film as an extra just on the basis of it being by the same director, other than those bargain bin billy madison-happy gilmore-click type collections.
Rare, but not unheard of.  Linklater did it with Slacker.  His first was It's Impossible to Learn to Plow by Reading Books.  That's the only one that comes to mind.

Axolotl

The Criterion release of Soderbergh's King of the Hill also has his next feature, The Underneath, as an extra.

yeah, definitely the best dvd feature ever.
guy maddin does it with almost all his releases, as well as other numerous underground directors.

matt35mm

There's a recent movie called THE UNSPEAKABLE ACT that also has the director Dan Sallitt's previous feature ALL THE SHIPS AT SEA on the DVD.

Cloudy

Casey Affleck DP/30 Praising David Lowery

These are great, great words. Starts at 11:44
http://youtu.be/SSeKnyNVX9U?t=11m44s

Lottery

Wow, that's some real high praise.

jenkins

i agree with what c affleck said. also, happy to hear what the interviewer said. andbut, of course that's true. just really happy for lowery and cinema in general, that i got to hear it. agreed

Robyn

why is this called 'a texas love story' in sweden?

Reel

Quote from: KJ on December 14, 2013, 04:52:55 PM
why is this called 'a texas love story' in sweden?

cuz that's what it's about!

No, it's probably that you swedes don't have a word for 'Ain't' or the translation is frjskl'fklfgdsgfdkw'fk' and it doesn't roll off the tongue as well.