PTA shooting something for Radiohead or just Jonny..or something in India

Started by Pozer, February 08, 2015, 07:44:42 PM

Pozer

Check out the insta profile for @lefaffage, whoever this is, where youll find multiple pics of Paul out n about in India. filming something.

one of u freaks find out wussup?

http://instagram.com/lefaffage

Lottery

Perhaps it has something to do with Jonny's classical composition Water. I think he spent some time in India after he had his residence in Australia. I noticed in a couple of photos that he was using his goldtop Les Paul, which he's mainly been using for his solo work recently. There's also Nigel Godrich in one of the shots. Perhaps, they're documenting 'Jonny Greenwood's Indian journey' or something. One of the photos says Jonny Greenwood, Producer.

In addition to that, some of the photos have a the hashtag 'mannishtrousers', which is apparently an Oxford-based art collective featuring Sharona Katan, who is Jonny G's wife.

What's this all about, I wonder.

max from fearless

That's from the U.K, magazine Little White Lies' Inherent Vice special.

modage

Whatever it is PTA is just a cameraman. looks like the dude whose Instagram it is is the director. Nigel Godrich is involved but no other Radioheaders.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Drenk

Ascension.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote from: modage on February 09, 2015, 07:31:46 AM
Whatever it is PTA is just a cameraman. looks like the dude whose Instagram it is is the director.

Could you imagine?

"Hey Paul, could you go outside and grab some B-Roll for me, some establishing shots? Remember, there are shadows in life, baby."

idk

Dear 'Little White Lies' artist, Paul(pbuh) is not that fat. And you shouldn't be caricaturing Him, anyhow.

Jim Steele

Quote from: idk on February 10, 2015, 01:21:12 AM
Dear 'Little White Lies' artist, Paul(pbuh) is not that fat. And you shouldn't be caricaturing him, anyhow.

yeah, im getting a gabe newell vibe. probably trying to flatter him, make him look more like kubrick

N

Quote from: Jim Steele on February 10, 2015, 01:44:27 AM
gabe newell vibe
yes, very gabenesque, I don't really have a problem with the caricature, it's fun to make fun of though

Fuzzy Dunlop

Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood Recording Album in India
by Jeremy Gordon via Pitchfork
http://pitchfork.com/news/58641-radioheads-jonny-greenwood-recording-album-in-india/

Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood has been working on a record with Israeli composer Shye Ben Tzur and several musicians in India, The Sunday Guardian reports (via Rabbit in My Headlights).
Greenwood and the other musicians have been based out of the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur. "We've been living here for nearly three weeks and recording an album here, in the fort," he said. "The Maharaja allowed us use of the fort, and we've basically been living here with 12 Indian musicians and we've made a record." According to The Sunday Guardian, the record encompasses "Arabic, Indian and western music."
He added: "It's been amazing, actually, working with Indian musicians. They have such a different energy and enthusiasm for music. It's just, it's part of life here, it feels, rather than just being an occupation. It's different; there's music everywhere. Like when we're playing and recording or rehearsing with these musicians, when they take a break, they go and play more. That's not true in England. We just take a break. But here, it's just this urge to make music, and it's really inspiring."
He also said Radiohead have "done a couple of months of recording" on the follow up to 2011's King of Limbs that "have gone really well." "We've certainly changed our method again," he said of the Radiohead recording. "It's too involved [to explain how]. We're kind of limiting ourselves; working in limits. So we'll see what happens. It's like we're trying to use very old and very new technology together to see what happens."

OpO1832

Paul should experiment with his lens options on the BMCC mount, the lomo lenses and older glass look great with that camera.