Across The Universe Music Video

Started by aurora, March 09, 2003, 05:17:08 AM

aurora

This video is cool

How do you think PTA made it so Fiona was singing in time with the music while everything else is in slow motion?

The only thing I can think of is they speed up the song and Fiona mimed it really fast and then they slowed it down in post

What do you think?

children with angels

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Ghostboy

Quote from: DionySuSThe only thing I can think of is they speed up the song and Fiona mimed it really fast and then they slowed it down in post

That's exactly what they did. It's common practice on music videos, actually...they almost always have people singing in slow motion. Sometimes on MTV when they show the making of a video you can see them shooting it, with the sped up sound. It's pretty funny.

Gold Trumpet

I wish PTA was making more videos. It's been a while since talk of "what video will he do next?"

~rougerum

neatahwanta

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI wish PTA was making more videos. It's been a while since talk of "what video will he do next?"~rougerum

Don't we all.

av8raaron

Is that available online anyplace?
Fresh buttered toast.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: av8raaronIs that available online anyplace?

kazaa

aurora

The one on Kazaa is missing the start and end and its not the best quality

I just hired the 'Pleasantville' DVD and its got it as an extra

And its awesome quality with no logos in the corner etc

Only thing is... Cause I'm in Australia.. Its a PAL DVD... which means its speed up 4% (But 33% better video quality than NTSC)... cause I'm really into music, I can notice that its up a semitone and it shits me!

Duck Sauce

Quote from: DionySuS

I just hired the 'Pleasantville' DVD and its got it as an extra

8)

av8raaron

I just got it off of LimeWire - not bad at all.
Fresh buttered toast.

Just to revive an old post.. I would like to analyze it a bit...  A Few things of note...

When the camera is first pointing at the "mirror" behind fiona you can see in the upper right hand corner of it quickly fade to another "mirror" where that overhead light is actually on, and then fade back to the previous "mirror"

Watch Fiona's eyes blink in comparison to her and her "reflection" in the "mirror"

There is a spinning picture on the wall and right before it goes out of frame, it falls to the ground.

After fiona has spun arround there is a clock on the wall behind her and someone hits it.. it falls.. you can also see the light special that was used for that clock fade out.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Chest Rockwell

I was wondering how they do those straight-on camera shots...are you saying they put another mirror in front of the camera?

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

I liked this video a bit more than the movie! And not because of PTA, I had no idea he did it, I just like the idea of a riot in the 50's in slow-motion. and "THE END" coming down from the blinds. And Fiona Apple and her music. OKTHAT'SALL

Quote from: Chest RockwellI was wondering how they do those straight-on camera shots...are you saying they put another mirror in front of the camera?

No... its digitally added.. They did one shot coming in the window.. and then filmed another from the "mirrors" perspective.. what the mirror would be reflecting..  You can notice this by watching the inconsistancies in things coming in and out the window compared to the reflection.. and like I said earlier.. fiona's eyes when the blink.. they do so at different times in the reflection.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"