Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Started by Duck Sauce, January 25, 2003, 02:40:35 AM

Duck Sauce

I had the opportunity of seeing this film this afternoon and thought it was pretty good. Something about the first half couldnt get my attention but I eventually got in and really liked it. Sam Rockwell is great and Clooney did a good job, though I can see some Soderbergh influences. Some gripes with it though, nothing major, but the inclusion of some things were necesary or rewarding. Cinematography was alright, I liked the long takes and tricks.

SPOILERS

Something I didnt get was when Clooneys character started bleeding in the pool? Is there something obvious I am missing? Maybe somebody can shed some light on that.

Xixax

I have this one scheduled for this afternoon. A rare opportunity to dump the kids with friends and go catch a movie with my wife.

I'm thankful for babysitters, otherwise I'd have to see Kangaroo Jack this afternoon!

I will report back with more ego-inflated opinions this evening.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Xixax

OK. Movie has been viewed. My verdict:

HELL YES!

There were many times in this movie, I caught myself saying "wow, that was cool the way they did that..." George Clooney. Who'd have thought it?

See this movie. See it now.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

RegularKarate

Just saw it.

Thought it was okay, not great.

I don't think Clooney seems to be a very good director.  He was trying too  hard to make it stylized and kind of over did it.  And while I love Kaufman, the story-line was kind of weak (I know it was based on a book)... there wasn't that much conflict and once there was, it was resolved easily.  It was like the ending was jazzed up just to show that it was the end, but it didn't feel like the end because it hardly felt like it had ever began.

Duck Sauce

I think what Clooney tried to do was include every single stylistic and narrative technique that he ever liked.

Satcho9

I didnt get the whole clooney bleeding in the pool thing either, but whatever. This movie fell short of being good. Didnt balance the stories out to give it a main concentration. Disappointment reigns...

Xixax

Oh yeah?

Let's take this to the parking lot!

Punk-ass mo-fo's!
[/size]

RegularKarate

Well, while I didn't like the film, I thought the Clooney in the pool scene was alright.

*****WARNING:  SPOILERS!!!!!!********

He had originally thought Chuck was the mole, that was until Julia Roberts shot him, which is why he was bleeding into the pool.  He just showed up to Chuck's to warn him that he better be carefull.

bonanzataz

Quote from: RegularKarateWell, while I didn't like the film, I thought the Clooney in the pool scene was alright.

He had originally thought Chuck was the mole, that was until Julia Roberts shot him, which is why he was bleeding into the pool.  He just showed up to Chuck's to warn him that he better be carefull.

JESUS CHRIST, DUDE, USE SPOILER ALERTS!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Quote from: bonanzataz

JESUS CHRIST, DUDE, USE SPOILER ALERTS!

Sorry about that man... fixed.

Though it's nothing you couldn't figure out easily.  Even some of the t.v. spots gave it away.

Duck Sauce

Le Spoilers

Quote from: RegularKarateWell, while I didn't like the film, I thought the Clooney in the pool scene was alright.

Wait, so Julia Roberts shot Clooney?

Cecil

Quote from: Duck SauceLe Spoilers

Wait, so Julia Roberts shot Clooney?

thats what i understood from it

Xixax

Quote from: cecil b. dementedthats what i understood from it
Yeah, I think I'd agree.
[/size]

Satcho9

Well thats good that we got all that straightened out, but after seeing this movie I am convinced that Chuck Barris did not do any of the CIA shit he claims to have done.

What are your feelings on this?

Cecil

Quote from: Satcho9Well thats good that we got all that straightened out, but after seeing this movie I am convinced that Chuck Barris did not do any of the CIA shit he claims to have done.

What are your feelings on this?

i honestly dont know.