George Michael. Seriously.

Started by Weak2ndAct, September 14, 2003, 09:08:35 PM

Weak2ndAct

I borrowed "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Very Best of George Michael" from a friend because I wanted to use one of his songs for a hugely uncomfortable scene in a screenplay-- I have a habit of making mix cd's for scripts I'm writing, play them on repeat, and zone out.  I must say though, that after listening to the cd all the way through, that I still actually enjoy some of this stuff, some seriously, some in a so-bad-and-dated-it's-wonderful-way.  "Freedom" conjured up those steamy images of supermodels all scantily clad in the video from my youth (thank you Fincher!).  Damn Roger Avary for using "Faith" so well in Rules of Attraction.  All in all, a blast from the past.  Amusing, great, and bizarre all at once.  But that's just me.  Anyone else have a guilty pleasure thing going on for this stuff?

MacGuffin

That's a great double album; broken down into "CD 1 - For The Heart" for his sentimental songs and "CD 2 - For The Feet" for his dance stuff.

And I'll go one guilty pleasure better - I'm still a fan of Wham!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aclockworkjj

this dude looks like a young george michael...

Cecil

i think it would be nice if i could touch your body

Find Your Magali

phil marlowe

george michael is the reason i am, whatta hunk.

no SERIOUSLY, he's fucking great.

neatahwanta

Quote from: Find Your Magali"Yeah. ... No."

:!:

Vile5

what a surprise!
i thought i was the only one here who liked GM (well in fact i don't like him, i love him!)
anyway, you're talking about Ladies and Gentlemen a great summary of Michael's work, but my favorite album is OLDER, it's a great album, well but there is other what in my very very personal opinion is a little gem:
Songs from the Last Century
i know the most known was the cover of Roxanne but that's not the best, well i love that album is great, and i found it in Germany cause is impossible find it here in Peru...
well i could be hours and hours talking about him, but for the people who think GM is just a 'gay singer' (well i don't know if there are people who think that here, but i've met many guys who think it) try to listen to him more maybe you'll surprise...
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

phil marlowe

the song outside is just plain awesome.

Vile5

phil i love your avatar!

well, talking about GM, his most awesome song is Kissing a fool :yabbse-thumbup:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Pubrick

i think Fastlove is the last good thing he did.
under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

Quote from: Pi think Fastlove is the last good thing he did.
if you don't like outside then you're a liar.

Pubrick

Quote from: phil marloweif you don't like outside then you're a liar.

under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

damn, i'll never be able to make a non sarcastic comment using this avatar.

Pubrick

Quote from: phil marlowedamn, i'll never be able to make a non sarcastic comment using this avatar.
well u could replace it with a scrooge mcduck (ultimate money-counter) one, not as charming tho..

under the paving stones.