Wild At Heart

Started by bonanzataz, June 27, 2003, 04:14:14 PM

bonanzataz

so, i'd never read all the hateful things on here, but now that i have, i'd like to rub in all of your faces that it IS october and there is NO wild at heart dvd in region 1. so i bought the japanese one from region 2 (which, in actuality, plays in all my players, not just my multi region), b/c that one is ntsc and i wouldn't have to deal with the 25 fps speedup. unfortunately, the one from japan is taken directly from that pal transfer, therefore, everybody moves and talks like a chipmunk, and now i am fucked until whenever they decide to release here in the states. turns out, i think my player compensates for PAL speedup and i should've just gone with the one from england and it would've been better than this one i've got here. the things i get myself into. at least since it's no region i'll be able to sell it on ebay once i find out the REAL release date of the us release.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Wild at Heart US DVD Status

David Lynch is finishing the color timing of the new transfer. The soundtrack will most likely be the original LCRS mix. It seems that Lynch is no longer interested in doing any more 5.1 mixes of his older films. One thing however is that other than a great transfer, unlike MGM's Blue Velvet Special Edition DVD, this DVD will have no extras or documentaries.

If you would like to see MGM make this DVD release a Special Edition like the Blue Velvet Special Edition DVD, send your letters of support to:

homeentertainment@mgm.com
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinWild at Heart US DVD Status

David Lynch is finishing the color timing of the new transfer. The soundtrack will most likely be the original LCRS mix. It seems that Lynch is no longer interested in doing any more 5.1 mixes of his older films. One thing however is that other than a great transfer, unlike MGM's Blue Velvet Special Edition DVD, this DVD will have no extras or documentaries.

If you would like to see MGM make this DVD release a Special Edition like the Blue Velvet Special Edition DVD, send your letters of support to:

homeentertainment@mgm.com

i wonder why it's been taking him so long if there are no special things on there. not even a new sound mix. oh well, i don't care as long as i get the movie. thanks for the update, mac.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

freakerdude

I am happy yet sad that it is not 5.1......major difference for the most part to me.
MC Pee Pants

The Obstruction

Quote from: cowboykurtisi think wild at heart is easily lynch's worst film -- besides bobby peru, it's a muddled piece of shit -- i love lynch.

"Girls you're here to please Mr. Reindeer don't get yourselfs into trouble"

Mr. Reindeer Is so fucking cool !
"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

MacGuffin

Working being done on new Wild At Heart dvd

John Neff posted an update on the work on MGM's new Wild At Heart dvd on the LynchNet discussion board:

"Wild At Heart is being worked on as we speak. David is overseeing a completely new transfer from a newly struck Interpositive. The old print had deteriorated, and he canned the last transfer. Probably will not be a 5.1 soundtrack. I think the feeling at this time is that the original mix should not be messed with, and David will have them use the LCRS (Dolby Surround) mix. Probably the only incentive now for a 5.1 would be to make use of the subwoofer channel, but those chances are dim. As far as I know, there will not be any deleted scenes or any 'extra' cut version. It will be what was distributed theatrically. I heard they were interviewing Harry Dean Stanton and some others for the disc, but I do not know the extent of any extras. If it follows the usual pattern, there will be cast interviews, pieces from the period of release, the trailer, etc. Certainly no commentary from David."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet

i'm such a useless poster.....

MacGuffin

Wild at Heart US DVD Release in July?!!
Source: Dugpa.com

Last night (April 15th) in the David Lynch.com chatroom, Lynch mentioned that we could see the US release of Wild at Heart on DVD as early as July.

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinWild at Heart US DVD Release in July?!!
Source: Dugpa.com

Last night (April 15th) in the David Lynch.com chatroom, Lynch mentioned that we could see the US release of Wild at Heart on DVD as early as July.

phuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks mac..

BTW- would this be avialable in stores like blue velvet:se   or on his website ??

MacGuffin

Quote from: N the E digital O rape NBTW- would this be avialable in stores like blue velvet:se   or on his website ??

In stores. MGM holds the rights.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

This is beautiful news, but I actually kinda wish it was available from his website. It would be great to have all his films in that artsy Eraserhead packaging (although his entire repertoire would then take up something like two or three shelves, and everything would be twice as expensive, but hey...).

Ravi

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

Moving on, earlier this week in the daily column, I mentioned that director David Lynch had revealed that his Wild at Heart: Special Edition will be released on DVD later in 2004. We've checked in with our industry sources, and sure enough... MGM is currently planning to debut the title on disc in December, along with a price reduction on Blue Velvet. No word yet on the extras, which are in production as we speak, but you can definitely expect anamorphic widescreen video and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

SiliasRuby

I found this in The Rumor Mill at www.digitalbits.com....
In December, look for Wild at Heart: Special Edition on 12/7/04
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

MGM Home Entertainment has announced a special edition of David Lynch's Wild At Heart which stars Nicolas Cage, Laura Dern, Willem Dafoe and Crispin Glover. The film will be available to own from the 7th December this year, and should set you back around $24.98. As well as a new digitally remastered anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 track (both of which were supervised by Lynch), the disc will include a brand new thirty-minute making of documentary, an original promotional featurette, extended interviews with the cast and the director and sixty-five animated behind the scenes photos with music.

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin...interviews with the cast and the director...

........great news....thanks mac........ :!:

..as for the interviews w/ lynch ..are they new or are they vintage [like the blue velvet SE ]...?