Mulholland Drive DVD questions

Started by BonBon85, March 03, 2003, 12:01:09 AM

BonBon85

Will there ever be a SE of Mulholland Drive? I've been putting off buying it forever because I've been holding up hopes that they'll release a version with some special features. The current one doesn't have any exciting special features and it costs $30.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: BonBon85Will there ever be a SE of Mulholland Drive? I've been putting off buying it forever because I've been holding up hopes that they'll release a version with some special features. The current one doesn't have any exciting special features and it costs $30.

Really? $30? Could you direct me to this store so I can get ripped off?

MacGuffin

Quote from: BonBon85Will there ever be a SE of Mulholland Drive? I've been putting off buying it forever because I've been holding up hopes that they'll release a version with some special features. The current one doesn't have any exciting special features and it costs $30.

Don't bet on a Spec. Ed., but you are in luck:

Universal has announced a big batch of price reductions due to take effect on the April 1st. Reduced to $19.95: American Graffiti, Brazil, K-9: P.I., The Last Starfighter, The Man Who Wasn't There, Monsoon Wedding, Mulholland Drive, Reality Bites and Xanadu.

Amazon has it listed @ $14.99 for that release date.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

really, though, what special features would you want for that movie?

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinxreally, though, what special features would you want for that movie?

I'd like to see the original pilot.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

a menu cap from the upcoming special edition

Duck Sauce

I hope this board's Brett Ratner hating catches on in the mainstream. On the DVD though, I really would like to see some specials about the original pilot and how and why it was made into a movie. Deleted scenes of course if any, maybe have Ebert do something...

sphinx

i think only people like macguffin, budgie, and p will remember the time when i gave out brett ratner's phone number on the old boards and everybody tried to call it

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinxi think only people like macguffin, budgie, and p will remember the time when i gave out brett ratner's phone number on the old boards and everybody tried to call it

:lol: I do remember that. And who was it that kept calling and said there was no answer? And you told to call in the morning, or something like that.

Skeleton FilmWorks

xerxes

Quote from: sphinxi think only people like macguffin, budgie, and p will remember the time when i gave out brett ratner's phone number on the old boards and everybody tried to call it

i remember that and i am not any of those people

Pubrick

Quote from: xerxesi remember that and i am not any of those people
yes u are am.
under the paving stones.

KingBlackDeath

Hey, I've got a great bonus feature that could be thrown on there.
It might reveal too much about the mystery of the film but something crazy like CHAPTERS!!!!!!

DAMN!!!
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

Jeremy Blackman

That was great. That was one of the times when I almost believed you, but not enough to actually follow up on it.

Whose number was that anyway?

sphinx

i'm sad that i didn't remember that blackman would remember.  i think i just took the phone number of a writer from a san fransisco newspaper and just changed a single digit and it worked amazingly: nobody answered, the phone kept ringing until an automated voice said to leave a message, which an awful lot of people did.

xerxes:  :yabbse-sad:

Cecil

forget mullholand drive for now, how bout a fucking widescreen version of lost highway.