Twin Peaks - Music

Started by Spike, June 15, 2003, 09:33:30 AM

Spike

I wanted to buy here in Germany the first "Twin Peaks"-Season on DVD - but it was just too expensive. So I just waited and finally they're now showing all episodes one more time on TV.
So last Friday I watched the pilot and it was terrific!
But the most amazing thing for me was Angelo Badalamenti's score. Just fantastic!
Especially in the scene when Truman wants to tell Lauras father of her dead - but he realises it without any words - and then Badalmenti's music -whoa! My whole body was almost shaking, man!
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Ghostboy

If you haven't seen any of them yet, I don't want to give any spoilers...but you'll find your body shaking at least two more times during the first season. When the sprinklers come on in the climax....damn.

phil marlowe

has anyone seen the alternative ending of the pilot? instead of ending it open endedly they close it like it was a single movie and replace the following 29 episodes with 10 minutes of ultrafast resolutiong. its pretty lame.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Phil Marlowehas anyone seen the alternative ending of the pilot? instead of ending it open endedly they close it like it was a single movie and replace the following 29 episodes with 10 minutes of ultrafast resolutiong. its pretty lame.

Yeah, it's included on the laserdisc. It was tacked on for sale to the overseas markets as a stand alone movie. It basically ties everything up neatly by the One Armed Man selling Bob out, and Bob admitting everything, then being shot. Then it jumps 25 years later using Cooper's dream from episode two.

And Spike, if you like the score from the TV show, wait till you get to "Fire Walk With Me".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Phil Marlowehas anyone seen the alternative ending of the pilot? instead of ending it open endedly they close it like it was a single movie and replace the following 29 episodes with 10 minutes of ultrafast resolutiong. its pretty lame.

Yeah, it's included on the laserdisc. It was tacked on for sale to the overseas markets as a stand alone movie. It basically ties everything up neatly by the One Armed Man selling Bob out, and Bob admitting everything, then being shot. Then it jumps 25 years later using Cooper's dream from episode two.

And Spike, if you like the score from the TV show, wait till you get to "Fire Walk With Me".
I saw the pilot to rent.  I didn't know that it was the one with the ending I didn't want to see.  I guesss I've ruined the series for me.  Should I even bother watching the series if the mystery has been solved?

Ghostboy

YES.

And anyway, that quick ending is almost completely different than the actual solution to the mystery.

Pedro

Quote from: GhostboyYES.

And anyway, that quick ending is almost completely different than the actual solution to the mystery.
:-D Good.  I'll be buying the first season soon.

godardian

I'm ashamed, as a Lynch fan, to admit that I've never seen even a moment of Twin Peaks. It's a perennial plan of mine to take a Saturday, rent the DVDs, and settle in for a marathon, but... hasn't happened yet.

I remember Badalamenti's theme being pretty much all of Moby's "Go" in '92, though.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

DavTMcGowan

What's the word on Season 2 DVD?  Just finished watching Season 1 and I'm dying to find out what happens.  Hoping I don't have to resort to borrowing someone's VHS's, I hate tapes, especially taped right off TV.

MacGuffin

Quote from: DanTMcGovernWhat's the word on Season 2 DVD?  Just finished watching Season 1 and I'm dying to find out what happens.  Hoping I don't have to resort to borrowing someone's VHS's, I hate tapes, especially taped right off TV.

3/20/2003 - No Season 2 DVD this Year

The Twin Peaks Gazette has confirmed that there will be no season 2 of Twin Peaks on DVD this year. We might be looking for first quarter of 2004 now for the Region 1 release. Meanwhile, expect the region 2 release of the DVD later this year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ABKman18

I just purchased the UK version of the First Season of Twin Peaks, since it includes the pilot. Is it really only eight episodes?

MacGuffin

Quote from: ABKman18I just purchased the UK version of the First Season of Twin Peaks, since it includes the pilot. Is it really only eight episodes?

Yes. It was a mid-season replacement series.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Badalamenti to Release Twin Peaks Season 2 Music at the End of the Year Plus More!!!

Yesterday on Angelo Badalamenti's Myspace Blog, he has posted the following:

Dear Fans,

We are currently putting together a CD collection of music from the second season of Twin Peaks. The album is set to be released towards the end of 2006 along side the second season DVD set.

We are also putting together an additional collection, consisting of more music from the entire series: The feature-length pilot, The 2 Seasons which aired on ABC, and the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. We want your input!

Post your favorite Twin Peaks moments under the MORE MUSIC FROM TWIN PEAKS entry on Angelo's MySpace blog: http://blog.myspace.com/angelobadalamenti

Skeleton FilmWorks

OrHowILearnedTo

I was flipping through some old rolling stone mags the other day and I noticed that Twin Peaks debuted at #30 on the 50 albums list. I don't know if that's good or not, but as far as I know TV soundtracks don't usually sell that much especially in their first week.

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks Season 2 CD News
Source: Dugpa

I've been told by a few sources that it is almost ready. The CD has gone to mastering and should be pressed and distributed in the next few weeks. It will be available retail and also at David Lynch.com. I was told there would be special deals if you get your copy at David Lynch.com. Also interesting news is that there will be at least 2 tracks from FWWM on the CD as well as the CD will no longer be just Season 2 music. More details as they come.

Skeleton FilmWorks