Usher?

Started by El Duderino, May 17, 2004, 06:31:27 PM

El Duderino

MGM HOPES USHER HAS GOT IT BAD FOR SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER
Source: Variety
Date: May 14, 2004, 6:32 am

Variety reports that MGM has bought the script, "Step in the Name of Love" as a starring vehicle for R&B singer Usher to star in and executive produce.

Script written by Carl Seaton and Kenny Young is described as an urban "Saturday Night Fever," set in the world of steppin', a Chicago-bred derivative of swing dancing.

Stephanie Allain and Michael Jenkins are producing, with Urban Entertainment's Nichelle Proto co-producing. It's the first screen sale for the scribes, though Seaton is about to direct his script "One Week" as an indie film.

Usher Raymond can next be seen on screen playing singer Jackie Wilson in the upcoming "Unchain My Heart: The Ray Charles Story," starring Jamie Foxx and directed by Taylor Hackford.

i dont like the sound of this
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

El Duderino

because i dont like usher  :|
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

Quote from: El DuderinoScript written by Carl Seaton and Kenny Young is described as an urban "Saturday Night Fever".
umm, wasnt the original saturday night fever URBAN?  i mean, how much more urban can you get than brooklyn?  oh, they mean black people, gotcha.

this really could've gone in the WHY GOD WHY? thread though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

i got that song by usher(featuring lil john and ludacris) in my phuckn head.......it s a catchy rap opera..........

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs