What does PTA type on?

Started by Bud_Clay, January 14, 2003, 09:57:42 PM

Bud_Clay

I'm highly attracted to the certain font PTA continuously uses for his script writing...i realize it's courier, but it's quite different from the courier i write with on Quark Express....is anyone aware if he writes on a typewriter or if it's a computer what computer program he writes on?...if no one is aware of any such thing perhaps i can get some suggestions on a great script writing program for macs?...or if anyone prefers to write full length screenplays on a typewriter i'd like to hear those people explain to me the benefits of using a typewriter over a computer program...because i cant imagine the amount of trouble it is after having finished a 90 page script on a typewriter to get so many pages copied when with a computer you can just print however many copies needed..eh, Thanks..

sphinx

that font is just a version of courier new...it's different on all script writing programs.  i can't say whether or not he uses a typewriter, though...

Travis Bickle

when i heard him speak at cal state nothridge,
he mentioned he uses a word processor.
"a combination of long hand and a word processor" is the way he put it.

Quote from: sphinxthat font is just a version of courier new...it's different on all script writing programs.  i can't say whether or not he uses a typewriter, though...

How can a FONT be different on other word processors?
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

aclockworkjj

lots of cigarettes....I think he needs to switch those nasty camels though....Marbloro Lights Man!!!  lol

RegularKarate

Quote from: 82
Quote from: sphinxthat font is just a version of courier new...it's different on all script writing programs.  i can't say whether or not he uses a typewriter, though...

How can a FONT be different on other word processors?

It just is...

When you write a script, you use 12 pt. courier.  There are slight differences in courier.

For example, I write in 12 pt. "Final Draft Courier"

Xixax

Last night as I was putting my fingers to the keyboard for the very first time writing my first attempt at a short DV movie, I realized that to make it a real experience, I needed a smoke.

Too bad I quit 13 years ago...

Maybe I'll get some little cigars. You don't inhale those.

And diet Cherry Coke just doesn't have the umph that a hot cup of joe would.

Paul is definitely on to something in my opinion.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

phil marlowe

Quote from: aclockworkjjMarbloro Lights Man!!!

No... Luckies for real. They're toasted.

Quote from: XixaxAnd diet Cherry Coke just doesn't have the umph that a hot cup of joe would.

Amen!

RegularKarate

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
No... Luckies for real. They're toasted.

I don't smoke anymore, but that was my brand of choice.

Filterless luckies man... That was the way to go... mmmmm just thinking about them... mmmmmm

L.S.M.F.T.
(Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco)
(Lucky Strike's Mother Fuckin' Toasted)
("Lance, Smoke My Fine Tobacco")

Xixax

This is getting a little "fan"atical, but I wonder what brand PTA smokes?

I'd guess he's a Marlboro Red man.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

phil marlowe

Quote from: XixaxThis is getting a little "fan"atical, but I wonder what brand PTA smokes?

As he shows us in his movies, he smokes camel lights.

I'm curious to know if there's any smokers out there who roll ther own ciggerettes. I smoke a brand of tobacco called "Bali Shag", and it's kinda great once used to it, and it's very very cheap. And it's the Lucky Luke style (gotta get me one of those leatherwallets, and learn how to roll in one hand, while riding on Jolly, drinking lemonade and catching the Daltons) Selfroller all the way.

Smoking IS very sophisticated.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Phil Marlowe

I'm curious to know if there's any smokers out there who roll ther own ciggerettes.
Smoking IS very sophisticated.

When I wasn't smokin' luckies, I rolled Drum.  I actually usually had a different brand in each pocket.... Usually Luckies, Shermans, Drum, and one random german or french brand.  I was kind of a cigarette snob back when I could afford to be.

Anyway, I rolled Drum a lot and when Pulp Fiction came out, I had tons of girls asking me "roll me one of those cowboy?"... of course it took me months to actually get to the theater for that movie, so I had no idea what they were talking about.

©brad

Usually when screenwriters are presented in film they type on typewriters, Deconstructing Harry comes to mind. In Adaptation Charlie types on a typewriter and Donald types on a laptop.

In Wonder Boys Michael Douglas types on an old typewriter in the beginning when he's all burnt out and a lap top at the end when he "gets his shit together."

I know I have a point here, I just can't quite make it.

neatahwanta

Quote from: XixaxThis is getting a little "fan"atical, but I wonder what brand PTA smokes?

The first post I ever read over at Tori Amos' unofficial message board (The Dent) was, "What kind of tampons does Tori use?"

No lie.

bluejaytwist

pta types on labtop. titanium apple. if i member correctly.
perhaps i should try and write my first short film too...
perhaps i might be good at it...i wonder...
probably wouldnt take very long to get something made either...
ive heard some horror stories...
oh well...
perhaps ill give it some time
bitter bitter bitter.....
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com