A Suggestion???

Started by aclockworkjj, September 19, 2003, 12:16:47 AM

TheVoiceOfNick

How about if people already have their music uploaded?  Like me?  http://www.pernisco.com/music/sc.htm and http://www.pernisco.com/music/ks.htm.  There is even a music video up there...

Jeremy Blackman

This is a great idea, but what copyright issues might there be?

Sleuth

Jesus Fuck, I was hoping this thread would be forgotten
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanThis is a great idea, but what copyright issues might there be?
no, no...ORIGINAL music only.  

Not just posting songs we like...for instance, sloth sent me a little ditty one afternoon...and it just sparked the idea of having our music shared here, just like the videos.

there are no copyright issues...unless someone like sloth or pedro gets big and turns into some money hungry prick!!!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjjno, no...ORIGINAL music only.

Yes, but would we have the right to say everything is copyrighted? And would it be © Xixax or © the authors? And there might be record company execs crawling around Xixax looking for the next big hit. Just a thought.

And what if someone decided to sample?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

SoNowThen

If I post one of my folk songs, and you guys hate it and laugh at it, I will cry...

I don't think I could handle that.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Xixax

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: aclockworkjjno, no...ORIGINAL music only.

Yes, but would we have the right to say everything is copyrighted? And would it be © Xixax or © the authors? And there might be record company execs crawling around Xixax looking for the next big hit. Just a thought.

And what if someone decided to sample?
It's not a whole lot different than posting movies online. You'd own it, but you'd give me the right to distribute it. But it would concern me a little, mainly because Xixax is a film community, not a music community. No need to dilute things even further, ya know?

I could always throw some files up if somebody needed some web space, though. I don't mind that.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

aclockworkjj

Quote from: XIXAXI could always throw some files up if somebody needed some web space, though. I don't mind that.
what a nice guy.  As I understand the point.  Film...
Who's shit ass idea was this anyway...?

Jeremy Blackman

Maybe we could have just one thread in Feature Presentation, and put everything there...

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanMaybe we could have just one thread in Feature Presentation, and put everything there...
I second that idea...a grand compromise...sloth you are not off the hook just yet....pedro and taz either!!!