Favorite Fight Scenes (Spoilers!!)

Started by El Duderino, April 20, 2004, 07:36:17 PM

Alethia

Quote from: 50 Centiphile
Quote from: eward
Quote from: jasper_window
Quote from: jasper_windowRay Liotta pistol whipping the neighbor in Goodfellas.  "You want somethin' fuck-o?"  (He hits him 11 times)
He doesn't say that.  :?
I should have clarified:  The neighbor says it to Liotta when he walks over and his answer is to pistol whip him. :-D
actually it's "what do you want fucker, you want some?"    :-D
I didn't think the neighbour said that line either.. I thought only De Niro said "fucko" in Goodfellas.

the line i quoted?  no, the neighbor said it

oakmanc234

I just finished revisiting 'Lethal Weapon 4' (what an underrated installment) and I didn't remember the fight scenes being so cool! The brawl in Glovers house in which our heroes hold their own against the chop-socky baddies...only to have the bejeezus kicked out of them by Jet Li, was ace. But the final fight (Gibson & Glover Vs. Li) completely owned. Ferocious and suprisingly bloody. One of Hollywood's last tastes of 'live' fights before cinema went all 'Matrix slo-mo'-ergh. I'm enjoying seeing new Hollywood actioners with fights that aren't all slo-mo'd and computer-raped lately ('Kill Bill', 'Walking Tall' etc.).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

jasper_window

Quote from: jasper_windowRay Liotta pistol whipping the neighbor in Goodfellas.  "You want somethin' fuck-o?"  (He hits him 11 times)
I should have clarified:  The neighbor says it to Liotta when he walks over and his answer is to pistol whip him. :-D
I didn't think the neighbour said that line either.. I thought only De Niro said "fucko" in Goodfellas.

Now I doubting myself, I'm gonna have to go back and check.  Regardless, it's a great (one-sided) fight scene.  Anger at its finest!

Now I doubting myself, I'm gonna have to go back and check.  Regardless, it's a great (one-sided) fight scene.  Anger at its finest!

From where i'm standing this kinda looks like a pyramid.
context, context, context.

cine

Quote from: cronopio

From where i'm standing this kinda looks like a pyramid.
The Fucko Pyramid

MacGuffin

Those not mentioned (unless I missed them):

Barfight between Alan Ladd and Jack Palance in Shane
Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul in Phantom Menace
Cruise and Scott's final fight in MI:2
The final fight of Magua in Last Of The Mohicans
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

the scene where lee van cleef beats the shit outta eli wallach in the third of the dollars trilogy

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

meatball

Quote from: El DuderinoBrad Pitt and Eric Bana in Troy

I second that.

meatball

Quote from: WithnailYour avs look like they're ready to go right now.

I was born ready.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: mogwaiedward norton vs himself in fight club.

Bingo.

Also, the gun battle in the office lobby in The Matrix.
The Bride vs. The Crazy 88s
Um, all of Crouching Tiger
and last, but not least, the gun battle between Somerset/Mills and John Doe in Se7en.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

El Duderino

Quote from: meatball

I was born ready.

it's on bitch
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Sleuth

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: meatball

I was born ready.

it's on bitch

FACE ME
I like to hug dogs