House of 1,000 Corpses

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 11, 2003, 08:10:09 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

When does this come out on DVD?  Does anyone know? (or care?)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Lion's Gate Home Entertainment has just announced the full specs for Rob Zombie's directorial debut, House of 1,000 Corpses. The feel-good comedy of the year will street on August 12th and feature an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track, audio commentary by Zombie, an isolated score, featurettes specifically for the DVD by Zombie, still and FX galleries, and the trailers including Zombie's original favored promo. Note that this will be the R-rated cut only, and there will be no unrated release. Retail is $26.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

HOORAY! except for the whole "no unrated release" thing. in the theater, i said to my friend "i can't wait for rob zombie commentary." and now i've got it. or will on aug 12, anyway. i'm a happy little boy.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

this was THE WORST movie i've seen all year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

Quote from: themodernage02this was THE WORST movie i've seen all year.

agreed.

bonanzataz

well why don't you two just go fuck yourselves and get it over with? the only people allowed to write in this thread are people that like the movie and want to laugh at the funny stuff on the dvd. SO STAY THE FUCK OUT!

MacGuffin

I thought it was alright. It may be one of the few horror movies recently that didn't have me really wanting to see the hero/victims die a bloody death because they were too annoying and stupid. I think Rob Zombie has a good eye; his love of classic horror comes through. The scene in slow motion scored with Slim Whitman's "I Remember You" was very refreshing from just a normal slash and kill scene. Loved how Zombie ended it with the overhead shot as you are waiting for the execution...and you wait...and you wait...waiting for the gun to go off. It really went against one's expectation. All in all, I think it was worth watching if just for seeing the Agatha Crispies cereal box.

The DVD menu is one of the funniest I've seen. It's like the dark side of the "Evening With Kevin Smith" one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Quote from: MacGuffinLoved how Zombie ended it with the overhead shot as you are waiting for the execution...and you wait...and you wait...waiting for the gun to go off. It really went against one's expectation.

this was the only scene i liked from this film, i knew it would take a second longer than how any regular film would have done this shot, but it was still a shock wen it happened.

Alethia

Quote from: bonanzatazwell why don't you two just go fuck yourselves and get it over with? the only people allowed to write in this thread are people that like the movie and want to laugh at the funny stuff on the dvd. SO STAY THE FUCK OUT!

c'mere you, give me a hug.....

Fishbulb

This movie must surely win the award for "funniest use of novelty T-shirts ever" too. From Captain Spaulding's "IF I WANTED TO LISTEN TO AN ASSHOLE, I'D FART!" and "I LOVE PIGS", to Otis's "BURN THIS FLAG", to Tiny's "CHEAP-ASS HALLOWEEN COSTUME"

bonanzataz

the shirt didn't say i love pigs, the shirt said "pigs is beautiful."

Fishbulb

Mr. Joshua

As horror flicks go, This movie was awesome. It doesn't take itself too seriously. Continuous, insane gory shit, no hero ending. Like Texas Chainsaw good. I look forward to a solid, scary as hell, gory flick this was it.  I loved it.
"and in the windmill dawn, and under this orchard canopy, and out from under this barrel vault, and out from under this barrel vault." -