this is scandalous, not that godawful song, the thread

Started by Pas, September 15, 2005, 05:57:31 PM

Gamblour.

Confessions....

I really like this Keane song "Bend and Break"....I don't know how to feel, they performed it on Leno, which I caught accidentally. They were really good. Are they considered lame or derivative? If so, I should feel guiltier.

Anyone who doesn't like System of a Down doesn't have a sense of humor.

The Mars Volta should be the next Zeppelin, but they're more like Zeppelin 2.0. Radiohead is the next Zeppdylan.
WWPTAD?

The Perineum Falcon

I don't know what defines "good" music and I don't think anyone else does either.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pas

Quote from: raneI don't know what defines "good" music and I don't think anyone else does either.

I know and everyone I know does too... oh man that must be so embarassing for you right now...

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Pas Rap
Quote from: raneI don't know what defines "good" music and I don't think anyone else does either.

I know and everyone I know does too... oh man that must be so embarassing for you right now...
:saywhat:
:oops:  
:(  
:cry:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

context, context, context.

ono

Quote from: polkabluesAnd Modest Mouse would be great if they were a completely different band that sounded nothing like they actually do.
Haha.

Quote from: Reformed WeirdoIt confuses and saddens me that my generation's representation for  rock band is Radiohead. Of course it could be worse, it could be Linkin Park or such.
Wow.

Those responses are interchangeable, actually.  Good taste really is subjective.

Coldplay is beautiful (I'd be hard pressed to think of a more poignant or epic song than A Rush of Blood to the Head).  X&Y really grows with each listen.  Now there's real heresy.

polkablues

Next to Maynard James Keenan, the best voice in rock today is Brian Moulko of Placebo.  Next to that, it would be Raine Maida of Our Lady Peace, but I'm talking early Our Lady Peace, back when he let his falsetto roam free.

Overproduction is the antithesis of emotion.  I want that tattooed backwards on Seal's forehead so he sees it every time he looks in a mirror.

Coldplay is beautiful music, and while "X&Y" still hasn't won me over, I could listen to their others all day long.  And Keane, while being very, very derivative, has a good sound and they write songs with great melodies.

If the Von Bondies could write an entire album that's as good or almost as good as "C'mon C'mon", there would be no need for the Vines, the Hives, or the Strokes.  Actually, there's already no need for the Hives.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

i hate australian music.

any australian artist that makes good music (eg. nick cave) is not considered australian cos seriously aussie music is defined by how shit it is.
under the paving stones.

Reinhold

as much as i love Takk and Ágætis Byrjun... the more i listen to it, i think that ( ) is kind of pretensious and generally not their best work.

::runs away::
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

There is a significant drop in the 'outrageousness' of the confessions... please !

NEON MERCURY

-99.9% of those pitchforkmedia reviewers are skank afterbirth from renne zellwegers rotton snatch

-if you are not anticipating the new record from richard ashcroft you are a bitch

-i like old lionel ritchie/commordores

-dave mattwes band has the most annoying cheese dick fans of any group

Quote from: onoColdplay is beautiful (I'd be hard pressed to think of a more poignant or epic song than A Rush of Blood to the Head
if you ever heard ashcroft's "check the meaning" then you will feel embarrased for making that statement.  people in the know, know what i mean.

-the most CREATIVE band ever is the flaming lips.

-i think maynard james keenen is a douche.  but i like tool's music.

-i hate courtney love

-u2's "pop" is their best album

-jacko's "smoth crininal" is the greatest pop song ever

ono

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: onoColdplay is beautiful (I'd be hard pressed to think of a more poignant or epic song than A Rush of Blood to the Head
if you ever heard ashcroft's "check the meaning" then you will feel embarrased for making that statement.  people in the know, know what i mean.
Hardly.  I am, however, partial to A Song For The Lovers.  Another song with epic feel (to go off on a tangent for a moment): Taxi by Harry Chapin.

Gamblour.

Yeah, the pair of Taxi songs by Chapin are pretty amazing pieces of storytelling.

More confessions...

-The only Beatles album I've ever listened to and enjoyed is Magical Mystery Tour.
WWPTAD?

squints

It's been a long day and I hate the fuckin' eagles
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche