Working on your dream?

Started by kotte, January 27, 2004, 02:45:38 PM

Sanjuro

i am:

trying to write a short script with the idea of a boy and a girl reciting poetry to each other

trying to learn as much as i can with film and watching hella lot of them

helping my sister with her story which she wants to turn into a short about the life and love story of our grandmother

trying to get better each time i play the guitar

all these and at the same time, STRUGGLING to become a doctor  :-D
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

molly

Sanjuro

well im still in premed but technically i am going to be studying medicine...
my mom would never allow me to major in film or something like that heheh and i dont have any other thing in mind besides medicine coz i was brainwashed ever since to take up medicine. so all i can do now is learn as much as i can by watching films and reading up on books and the internet.
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

molly

it's not that bad, you have extended field of experiences, a littlebit different

kotte

I'm having an audition tomorrow (monday) for the 35mm short I'm shooting this saturday.

It's been an intense pre-production period. Fuji will part sponsor the film, giving a 65% discount on film stock. My DP is truly amazing.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

kotte

Quote from: SoNowThen:yabbse-thumbup:

Good luck, kotte!!

Thanks...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: SoNowThen:yabbse-thumbup:

Good luck, kotte!!

I agree with this, you're a lucky SOB.

Here's my list...

- See more movies.  There are always more.

- Write and edit more, never lose inspiration.

- Film more of what I'm writing.  It almost make me seem like I'm all talk and no walk by just writing, even though I know there are just screenwriters.  The problem is, my visions are pretty specific.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Recce

Hey, do any of you actually go to film school? And, if so, how much does it set you guys back?
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Banky

this thread has been slow for a while

i am continuing to write my horror script that is my first script ever and that is coming along quite well

Stefen

Your guys are so accomplished compared to my self.

I am.

Currentlly thinking about thinking about writing.

I have final draft, unused right in front of me. A nice sony dv cam, a laptop with premiere. yet im always too busy to ever shoot or write anything. being an adult sucks.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

That's why I adamantly refuse to grow up.

bonanzataz

i'm shooting a movie now that has to be done in a week. UH OH!

it's about a transvestite whore who lands a lead role in a romantic comedy.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

kotte

I am

* Doing some post-production duties.
* Writing a feature.
* Writing another short.
* Thinking about what film school I want to go to.
* Watching films.ยด
* Saving up money.

and I'm

* Living life. It's tough.

Stefen

Kotte, you are one ambitious individual. I praise you.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.