Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on February 15, 2006, 10:21:41 PM
the awesome evil dude from Carnival show up in Sayid's flashback

You mean CLANCY FUCKING BROWN!!!!  Jesus, that was awesome...

also, the countdown getting past zero, did anybody else freak out?  I mean I knew they couldn't just let it go, but one the heiroglyphic things started showing up, I was really losing it.

Great episode.

elpablo

Quote from: RegularKarate on February 16, 2006, 12:39:55 PM
also, the countdown getting past zero, did anybody else freak out?  I mean I knew they couldn't just let it go, but one the heiroglyphic things started showing up, I was really losing it.

that scene was such a tease. i got blue balls jsut from watching it. great episode though.

Tictacbk

These gaps between new episodes are killing me!

Kal

Loved the episode... but hated that they keep teasing on everything and there absolutely NO answers... thats the good thing about watching a show on DVD once its out... you can jump to the next episode, and the next...

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkablues on February 16, 2006, 12:23:45 AMAnyone notice that the army guy who asked Sayid if he had a wife and kids was Kate's dad?  It was a picture of her that he was looking at in the truck.

More trivia:

The Other was named Henry Gale, same name as Dorothy's uncle in Wizard Of Oz. And was in a hot air balloon that The Wizard was going to take Dorothy home in.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

So, what... no review from mod telling us why this week's episode was on or off track?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 02, 2006, 12:49:37 PM
So, what... no review from mod telling us why this week's episode was on or off track?

Even mod has to admit that was the best episode of the season, and one of the best of the series so far.  He just... he just has to.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Quote from: polkablues on March 02, 2006, 01:12:32 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on March 02, 2006, 12:49:37 PM

Even mod has to admit that was the best episode of the season, and one of the best of the series so far.  He just... he just has to.
good to hear.  i actually saw the Strokes last nite so i have not actually watched it yet though i did glance at my phone at 9:03 and go 'we're missing Lost right NOW'.  but i'll be sure to check in tonite with my thoughts!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

My guess is that you just set Mod up to be disapointed.

I agree that it was good episode though I was a little more into the last one than this.  This one just revealed a lot more than pretty much anything since the first handful of the season.

I wonder how much it's going to slow down now.  If sweeps weren't coming soon, I would say that it would be one more event-packed episode then slowness for a long while, but maybe it'll just be a whole bunch of shit happening then a big avalanche of information.

But yeah, this one: I like what they showed and what they set up.

modage

Quote from: RegularKarate on March 02, 2006, 04:20:51 PM
My guess is that you just set Mod up to be disapointed.
nah, i dont treat each episode of lost like it's own film.  i dont really rank some over others or set myself up for disappointment. the only exception was it was always great until suddenly nobody acted reasonable and it wasnt, and now it's back.  so, that said tonite was great.  i liked (and was at first thrown by) having the flashbacks all take place on the island.  that could open the show up to going back on itself hundreds of times by showing what certain (unshown) characters were up to DURING the episodes you saw and still take place on the same timeline.  like this episode you didnt see Jin, Sayid, Ana Lucia, Michael, Charlie, etc. etc. etc. and every episode has tons of characters who arent in them so when the 'run out of' or want to switch it up they can just keep playing with the timeline of events since the crash.  which is really cool.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

No new episode last night?

Im out of town but I thought there was one...

edison

Kal

That sucks...

No Lost, no Office, no Smallville... at least two hours of 24 this week...

diggler

also, (not to be a total obsessive) but when henry gale gives the dimensions of his balloon, he gives the same exact dimensions as Steve Fosett's "Solo Spirit" balloon. the solo spirit was the first hot air balloon to make it around the world in 2002. 

check it out: http://solospirit.wustl.edu/flight.html#balloon

!!!!!SPOILER!!!!
also, before they throw henry in the locker, you can see a picture on the wall behind jack of a hot air balloon. based on this i figured that henry's story has to be bullshit. that is, until i saw this: http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1282henryballoon5fu.jpg

sorry if i ruined it everyone
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

edison

Quote from: ddiggler6280 on March 22, 2006, 04:35:14 PM
also, before they throw henry in the locker, you can see a picture on the wall behind jack of a hot air balloon. based on this i figured that henry's story has to be bullshit. that is, until i saw this: http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1282henryballoon5fu.jpg

Beware to all....that link is a huge spoiler