White Stripes - Maximum

Started by bonanzataz, January 08, 2003, 09:27:16 PM

Sleuth

Wait, seven punches and all the guy had was a bruised eye and bloody nose?
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

White Stripes Singer Charged With Assault

DETROIT - White Stripes lead singer Jack White was charged Monday with aggravated assault after a fight with the lead singer of another band.

White went to a police precinct early Sunday morning and gave a statement saying he struck Von Bondies lead singer Jason Stollsteimer in self defense.

The Dec. 13 fight between White and Stollsteimer began shortly before midnight at the Majestic Theatre Center, where both men were in the audience for another concert.

Stollsteimer, 25, told police that White had punched him seven times in the face. Police said Stollsteimer's right eye was bruised and swollen and he was bleeding from his nose. He was taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital, where he was treated and released.

White, 28, faces anywhere from no jail time to a maximum of one year in prison if convicted.

Wayne County Prosecutor Mike Duggan said Monday that the two had an ongoing disagreement that began after Stollsteimer criticized White's role in producing the Von Bondies' first album.

"It seems that far too often celebrities think that the law does not apply to them," Duggan said at a Monday news conference.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

I hope they give him the chair. I hate the White Stripes soooooo much. He should have the shit beat out of him.
WWPTAD?

SoNowThen

Quote from: taz.her tight tight pants rode up her veej.

doncha just love it when hot chicks' pants do this?!!!
nothing like a friendly camel-toe saying hello to make your day...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: taz.her tight tight pants rode up her veej.

doncha just love it when hot chicks' pants do this?!!!
nothing like a friendly camel-toe saying hello to make your day...

The only other time I've ever heard the expression "camel toe" is when Jerri Blank said it on Strangers with Candy.

Oh, I like The White Stripes. I'm going to see Cold Mountain tonight, and much as I love Kidman and find Law extra-easy on the eyes, what I'm really fascinated to see is Jack White.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pubrick

Quote from: godardianThe only other time I've ever heard the expression "camel toe" is when Jerri Blank said it on Strangers with Candy..
u need to get out more.
under the paving stones.

godardian

Quote from: P
Quote from: godardianThe only other time I've ever heard the expression "camel toe" is when Jerri Blank said it on Strangers with Candy..
u need to get out more.

I know... my life is simply anemic without knowing the latest vaginal slang, end of story.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Pubrick

it's been around for years. there's even a song about it. several in fact.

it's a common expression.
under the paving stones.

godardian

Quote from: Pit's been around for years. there's even a song about it. several in fact.

it's a common expression.

I thought I was common... I guess I was wrong! Take that, commoners!

Come to think of it, I believe I vaguely remember that song... some trashy fifth-rate Salt-N-Pepa ripoff group of girls, wasn't it?

modage

*(tears well up as mod realizes he spent 14 years of his life writing that very song for the some trashy fifth-rate Salt-N-Pepa ripoff group of girls group to sing>)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Amazing how a thread can go from capital punishment to vaginal wedgies in one post.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffinAmazing how a thread can go from capital punishment to vaginal wedgies in one post.

only at xixax.

MacGuffin

White Stripes Lead Singer Pleads Innocent  

DETROIT - White Stripes lead singer Jack White, who's accused of repeatedly punching the lead singer of another band in the face, pleaded innocent Wednesday to a misdemeanor aggravated assault charge.

White was ordered to stand trial on March 9.

The Dec. 13 fight between White and Von Bondies lead singer Jason Stollsteimer began shortly before midnight at the Majestic Theater Center, where both men were in the audience for another concert.

Stollsteimer, 25, of Detroit, told police that White punched him seven times in the face. Police said Stollsteimer's right eye was bruised and swollen, and he was bleeding from his nose.

White, also of Detroit, went to the police after the fight and gave a statement saying he struck Stollsteimer in self-defense.

White's attorney, Wally Piszczatowski, said he was satisfied with the hearing. "The court allowed Jack to travel for business purposes, obviously recognizing he is not a flight risk, or a danger to the community in any way," he said.

White faces punishment ranging from no jail time to a maximum of a year in prison and a $1,000 fine if convicted.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Ohhhhhhh man, send him to jail!  I love him and all, but think about the music he'll make when he gets out
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

White Stripes Lead Singer Pleads Guilty

DETROIT - White Stripes lead singer Jack White pleaded guilty to assault and battery Tuesday for a fight with the lead singer of another band.

White was accused of repeatedly punching Von Bondies lead singer Jason Stollsteimer and originally was charged with misdemeanor aggravated assault. He could have faced up to a year in jail, but will avoid jail time under the plea deal.

White must pay a $500 fine, plus $250 in court fees, and Judge Paula G. Humphries ordered him to attend anger management classes. She also told him not to contact Stollsteimer.

The Dec. 13 fight between White and Stollsteimer began shortly before midnight at the Majestic Theater Center, where both men were in the audience for another concert.

Stollsteimer, of Detroit, told police that White punched him seven times in the face. Police said Stollsteimer's right eye was bruised and swollen, and he was bleeding from his nose. He was taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital, where he was treated and released.

White, of Detroit, went to police after the fight and gave a statement saying he struck Stollsteimer in self-defense.

In court Tuesday, White gave his account of what led to the fight. He said he hadn't seen Stollsteimer in a long time but had heard that he had made some allegations against him in the press and to mutual acquaintances.

"I went up to ask him to say it to me face to face," White said.

He said Stollsteimer ignored him so White spit at him and they started fighting. He said Stollsteimer landed on his hand, which he had recently injured in a car accident. White said he then punched Stollsteimer in the face a couple of times.

Outside the courtroom, White told reporters he regretted the incident.

White's lawyer, Walter Piszczatowski, said White had put the incident behind him.

Prosecutors said earlier the two men had a long-standing disagreement over White's role in producing the Von Bondies' first album.

Skeleton FilmWorks