sex pistols vrs the clash

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, August 11, 2003, 04:40:06 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

when it comes to the sex pistols vrs the clash , i have to give the nod to the pistols

see the clash had better songs, but they fucked it all up for me by dragging in stupid politics, which lead the way for shit like ian mckaye and his stupid fucking rules

where as the pistols just didnt give a fuck, thats what i like

they did and said whatever the fuck they wanted they tore shit up and terorized london, their tv show aperance on the bill grundy show was fucking amazing, give me 1 of those over 10 million bono at red rocks yelling " No war"

remember sid doing " my way" how fucking great was that ........... and yes we all know that song ended goodfellas so dont waste this post with a tell me about the frogs from magnolia type statement

were better then that

but like i said when it comes to punk the clash brought politics into the mix and fuck that shit

thats why i loved the beastie boys circa 84-89 they were just so great, i was too young to remember this but i bought a bunch of old tv show aperances and interviews and they were so fucking great, young brash rude and rich , licence to ill and pauls boutique are two of the best albums ever , and even though critics like to re write histroy they were just as rude and fucked up during their pauls boutique era, i have the interviews to prove it. They were fucking pimps

then the beastie boys turned to shit and well ........

then came oasis and they fucking rocked my world , they were so fucking cool, rock stars with attitude and Style

they were so fucking cool and they would tell everyone they were the best band in the world and then they would wish aids on pretentiouce fucks who got on their nerves

these are my heros

maybe thats why i loved hip hop as a teen, oasis brought me back into rock, or well into rock

before hip hop i guess i just loved what was pop on the radio and that was a good time for music maddonna before she started to think she was important , prince before he went nuts, micheal jackson ( see prince explanation)

Cecil

Sleuth

And that's why I choose the Clash
I like to hug dogs

Cecil

Quote from: tremoloslothAnd that's why I choose the Clash

what the hell do you know? youre a thread ruiner. *I* destruct myself. beat that

Sleuth

I could destroy you too if I felt like it oh snap
I like to hug dogs

Cecil

you can destruct my thread, but never my self.

the clash had great songs, but the pistols had the total package and i love the fact that glen from the pistols who wrote the songs would steal abba songs and punk them up

and of course add new lyrics, not the same lyrics abba used

thats funny  really funny , he was a huge abba fan

A Matter Of Chance

hmm... the clash vrs. the pistols.

I think even though theyre both punk, theyre kind of on different sides of the punk spectrum.

The clash did have better songs than the pistols, and politics aside theyre were better. but the pistols not giving a fuck and glen being an abba fun are appealing...

i still love the clash more than the pistols.   :?

Pas

You gotta love the Pistols...

There's a video somewhere where they get on a boat and go play God Save The Queen in front of the Queen herself. Before the end of the song there's like 10 coast guard boats all over them. Funny stuff.

And Vicious is just way too awesome...and by awesome I mean TOTALLY SWEET

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Pas RapportAnd Vicious is just way too awesome...and by awesome I mean TOTALLY SWEET

Yeah, I know.  It makes me want to flip out and cut off his head.

Quote from: Pawbloe
Quote from: Pas RapportAnd Vicious is just way too awesome...and by awesome I mean TOTALLY SWEET

Yeah, I know.  It makes me want to flip out and cut off his head.

i think non political rap picked up the slack the pistols left behnd from earlly run dmc and the beasties to people like the ol dirty bastard

guys just who just dont give a fuck and they are out to to subvert the mainstream and fuck it up for fun

thats why i always say that NWA and the old school 84-89 era beastie boys were what punk should of stood for

fuck all that fugazi minor threath shit, the ramones wernt trying to hide from the mainstream, they were trying to bring the mainstream to them

they wanted to be bigger then kiss , but without sacrificing their sound

thats fucking cool, subvert and destroy

take the mainstream and make it your own

do you think any of those 90's indie bands had any impact on the world , most of them now work at kinkos

but Eminem, now here is guy who gets paid by a HUGE Company to say and do anything he fucking wants and people give him oscars for it

and the fucking guy is so cool he doesnt he show up to get it, because he could give a fuck

thats fucking punk rock, he took pop culture and made it his own while staying true to himself

mean while those guys in pavment and jon spencer are going to be forggetn by histroy and as we speak they are asking people " how many copies of this would you like and what color ink would you want"

SoNowThen

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneswhen it comes to the sex pistols vrs the clash , i have to give the nod to the pistols

see the clash had better songs, but they fucked it all up for me by dragging in stupid politics, which lead the way for shit like ian mckaye and his stupid fucking rules

they did and said whatever the fuck they wanted they tore shit up and terorized london, their tv show aperance on the bill grundy show was fucking amazing, give me 1 of those over 10 million bono at red rocks yelling " No war"

remember sid doing " my way" how fucking great was that ........... and yes we all know that song ended goodfellas so dont waste this post with a tell me about the frogs from magnolia type statement

were better then that

but like i said when it comes to punk the clash brought politics into the mix and fuck that shit

thats why i loved the beastie boys circa 84-89 they were just so great, i was too young to remember this but i bought a bunch of old tv show aperances and interviews and they were so fucking great, young brash rude and rich , licence to ill and pauls boutique are two of the best albums ever , and even though critics like to re write histroy they were just as rude and fucked up during their pauls boutique era, i have the interviews to prove it. They were fucking pimps

then came oasis and they fucking rocked my world , they were so fucking cool, rock stars with attitude and Style

they were so fucking cool and they would tell everyone they were the best band in the world and then they would wish aids on pretentiouce fucks who got on their nerves

these are my heros

maybe thats why i loved hip hop as a teen, oasis brought me back into rock, or well into rock

before hip hop i guess i just loved what was pop on the radio and that was a good time for music maddonna before she started to think she was important , prince before he went nuts, micheal jackson ( see prince explanation)

above = one of the best posts ever

I will give the Pistols the edge, but must mention that the Clash had a greater output, and it's very hard for me to love a band based on just one album. but, fuck, punk is punk, and the pistols are oh so much more punk to me.

liam loves the pistols, btw.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneswhen it comes to the sex pistols vrs the clash , i have to give the nod to the pistols

were better then that

these are my heros

I will give the Pistols the edge, but must mention that the Clash had a greater output, and it's very hard for me to love a band based on just one album. but, fuck, punk is punk, and the pistols are oh so much more punk to me.

the clash had the tunes, and they knew how to play their instruments

so yeah they rocked

but sthe pistols, thats a fucking beatiful story sid never played bass in his life, glen matlock was a happy go lucky pop fan who would write pop songs and since they couldnt play their instruments , the songs came out so funny

and johhny just looked anoyed , but in the right way

sometimes i singer like eddie vedder looks anoyed and you want to punch him the balls

but johhny had style , and the rest they just looked like they were having a great time geting away with it, steve jones always had that look like " this is too fucking funny, i cant beilive were this huge"

get a copy of the bill grundy show , let me look for a transcript

remember when they came back in the 90's some smart ass asked them why they are soming back they point blank looked at him and said " Money you asshole"

thats prety funny, they could of bored us with what kiss said about how young kids never had a chance to see them in their prime  yadda yadda

SoNowThen

kiss had a prime?

fuck do i hate gene simmons
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
Quote from: SoNowThen

were better then that

these are my heros

the clash had the tunes, and they knew how to play their instruments

so yeah they rocked

but sthe pistols, thats a fucking beatiful story sid never played bass in his life, glen matlock was a happy go lucky pop fan who would write pop songs and since they couldnt play their instruments , the songs came out so funny

and johhny just looked anoyed , but in the right way

sometimes i singer like eddie vedder looks anoyed and you want to punch him the balls

but johhny had style , and the rest they just looked like they were having a great time geting away with it, steve jones always had that look like " this is too fucking funny, i cant beilive were this huge"

get a copy of the bill grundy show , let me look for a transcript

remember when they came back in the 90's some smart ass asked them why they are soming back they point blank looked at him and said " Money you asshole"

thats prety funny, they could of bored us with what kiss said about how young kids never had a chance to see them in their prime  yadda yadda

BRILLIANT!