Best Debut Film

Started by MacGuffin, April 06, 2009, 07:46:08 PM

MacGuffin

Best Debut Film: LET THE RIGHT ONE IN (Tomas Alfredson)

THE NOMINEES

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
In Bruges
Let The Right One In
The Strangers
Synecdoche, New York
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

woo. but!

how does this win best debut against synecdoche (which was nommed for best pic)? did more people see it in between rounds?

mogwai

i'm sorry to be a pain the... like i'm always is.. but it's not his debut film.

Sleepless

Given the fact LTROI wasn't included anywhere else, it was always going to win this. But I think this is a very strong category, that's something we should remember. It's not just about the eventual winner. And I only nominated 2 pics in the first round, so you all did good methinks.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

I'm glad to see LTROI win this. Still disappointed it wasn't nominated for best pic, but a lot of people are barely getting to see it now.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwai on April 07, 2009, 05:00:55 AM

We didn't count his 4 hour tv movie, or films that didn't get a wide release.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alexandro

i haven't seen it, but I know I love In Bruges. Saw it last night again and it's just perfect.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Stefen on April 07, 2009, 08:06:10 AM
I'm glad to see LTROI win this. Still disappointed it wasn't nominated for best pic, but a lot of people are barely getting to see it now.

Exactly.  Should have been nominated for best pic for sure.

I like FSM and all, but I don't get how it was nominated for this.

mogwai

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 07, 2009, 12:45:15 PM
Quote from: mogwai on April 07, 2009, 05:00:55 AM

We didn't count his 4 hour tv movie, or films that didn't get a wide release.

it got a wide release in sweden and was shown in a three hour long version movie. but i know what you mean and i'll accept it.