Overplayed Songs

Started by MacGuffin, April 02, 2005, 09:33:06 PM

MacGuffin

Go away Blvd. Of Broken Dreams. Or for that matter, any song from American Idiot. Just GO AWAY!

While I'm at it, please wish that song that goes, "Alibi. Choking on an apple pie. It was only a kiss, how did it end up like this..." to the cornfield... Please.

And that Heart Mars Volta song can go back to the planet from whence it came. Enough already.

End rant.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

thats what you get for listening to the radio. hang out in the now playing thread for awhile. i did and now i don't even have a radio except to listen to late night am shows.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

Mac, are you quoting lyrics from Mr. Brightside by the Killers? If so, interesting interpretation. And is The Widow actually getting airplay? if so, sweet.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefenthats what you get for listening to the radio.

Only listen to morning radio, but they also keep playing their videos all the time on MTV Hits, VH1 Mega Hits and FUSE.

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarMac, are you quoting lyrics from Mr. Brightside by the Killers? If so, interesting interpretation.

I guess, I never linger long enough to see what song. I get flashes of some guys dressed in suits, some dancing fairies and a guy eating an apple before I'm able to change the channel.

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarAnd is The Widow actually getting airplay? if so, sweet.

It even gets played on MTV EspaƱol.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jtm

i can't stand listening to music on the radio anymore.  no matter what town i'm in, it's the same songs over and over and over and over again on a continuous loop..  i like stairway to heaven, but i don't need to listen to it 3 times a day.

do you guys get that godawful hungarian song    that goes something like MAIAA HEEEEE MAIA HAAAAA MAIA  HOOOO MAIA     HA  HAAAA!

ugh.

anyway,  if i ever hear the verbe's bittersweet symphony one more time i'll stab a person IN THE EYE.

and the reason and 'trouble', there are so many.
context, context, context.

pete

aside from like 70s nights or 80s nights, I have not danced at a party that did not play Hey Ya since it first came out.  be it Taiwan Japan or New York, Cali, Colorado, New Hampshire, or Boston.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

mogwai

you're lot is probably lucky but if you hear kaiser chiefs on tv just switch the channel.

Sleuth

Uhhh you guys, I'm in ALL of these bands :yabbse-thumbdown:
I like to hug dogs

mogwai

the new gorillaz. just wait.

Pedro

I want you...  TO TAKE ME OUT!!!

i hear it everywhere.  it's getting really annoying, especially when i liked the album so much initially.

Jeremy Blackman

Any song that talks about flying.

MacGuffin

And who was on Sat. Night Live last night? That's right. "Glenn Fry. Choking on a marble rye."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

pretty much anything that young ppl like.

edit: are sposed to like.
under the paving stones.

jtm

Quote from: cronopiodo you guys get that godawful hungarian song    that goes something like MAIAA HEEEEE MAIA HAAAAA MAIA  HOOOO MAIA     HA  HAAAA!

haha no, but i know the song u mean, there was some footage of a fat kid singing along with it floating around on the internet and he was starting to recieve star wars kids level of fame.... i'll see if i can find it.