All Good Things

Started by Pubrick, October 14, 2010, 05:49:26 PM

Pubrick

first non-doco feature by Andrew Jarecki, director of the best documentary of the last decade, Capturing the Friedmans.

Trailer:

Director: Andrew Jarecki
Cast: Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst, Frank Langella, Lily Rabe, Philip Baker Hall, Nick Offerman, Kristin Wiig
Writers: Marcus Hinchey, Marc Smerling
Run Time: 101 minutes
In theaters: December 3rd, 2010

based on a true story. (spoilers?)
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I'm intrigued.  It looks well-made and all, and the story it's based on is a fascinating one, but it's all covered in Dunst.  Gross.  I like how Kristen Wiig and PBH randomly show up for one line each.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

Quote from: polkablues on October 14, 2010, 06:19:40 PM
it's all covered in Dunst.  Gross.  I like how Kristen Wiig and PBH randomly show up for one line each.

haha you stole all my thoughts.

SiliasRuby

My God, this was creepy as all hell. One of the best murder mystery's I've seen in years. Kristen Dunst blew me away. I really was not expecting all that range from her, but jesus she's good. Unsettling and intrigtuing till the very end this is a film that I watch over and over again. If I didn't watch it during daylight I don't think I would have slept. Some moments really got under my skin. If you love mystery's give this a shot. REally really good. Gosling knows how to play sociopathic and evil really well. Almost as good as hopkins. Gonna pick this up on DVD soon.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

From its wikipedia page:

All Good Things will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on March 29, 2011. For US/Canada citizen it is.

Alexandro

I thought it was a disaster. Obviously this would have been much better as a documentary. As a linear story in a narrative film it's just...I don't know...First time ever I feel that the term "over directed" makes sense. The story itself is fascinating, and every actor is from good to great in it, but the film just has no idea what the fuck it wants to be. Every cheap thrill, music cue, wrong elliptic choice is in here. For the first hour I was mostly asking myself why the fuck I kept watching it, once it turns bizarre (and it really does) my interest went up but just not enough to like it. This needed, in my opinion, to be rougher, more documentary like, less thriller oriented, and it certainly didn't need that dumb fucking score.