Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

Started by MacGuffin, May 13, 2008, 06:11:43 PM

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

RegularKarate

Yeah, not cool to link torrents to movies.

We'll bite you.

socketlevel

ah i was thinking more of a gentlemen's thing, that you would morally not want it.  fear of the po po didn't enter my mind.
the one last hit that spent you...

hedwig

yeah i'm no admin but, uh.. fuck the gentleman's code and fuck the po po.

post that link.

squints

i was just saying that its out there and pretty easy to find. We don't need to post any links. Lazy asses.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Quote from: hedwig on February 02, 2010, 01:41:18 AM
yeah i'm no admin but, uh.. fuck the gentleman's code and fuck the po po.

post that link.

I am an admin... fuck the Hedwig... don't post that link.

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

Alexandro

I felt frustrated with this film. Moments of absolute greatness are diluted in what seemed to me a completely uninteresting detective story. The pace was weirdly off with great sequences interchanged with some very dull ones. I was pleasently surprised by the poetic  touches, the moving dreamlike "fuck you dumb audience" bits (the ones that worked), but grew increasingly impatient with the supposed plot that no one seemed really interested in and with the dreamlike touches that felt to me, a little out of place.

too many things happen in this movie but there is a moment where it just feels like is dragging for no reason. you can sense herzog is trying to build tension around cage's character and situations, but they happen so slowly that is stays in that, a sense, but not real tension. and when he gets his break and is supposed to be funny, it is, but not THAT funny. I don't know, i hate this kind of comments on a movie but I really think this film needed to be shorter and faster. then it commits one of the great capital sins in cinema, which is that it feels like it's about to end but then it doesn't. this happens like 4 times in the last half hour and that probably added to my impatience.

yet it is a fun film where the good moments are GREAT and the bad moments are too many for me and cage is very good in it, but i don't think is this masterpiece that everyone here seems to be raving about.

Lottery

Haha holy shit, this is one of the most curious and bizarre films I've seen recently. Uneven at times but it comes together in a puzzling and generally satisfying way. The way the conflicts built up over a relatively straightforward homicide case was done well and Nic Cage was fantastic. Surprisingly funny, I couldn't help but laugh at the oddest things in it. I just started madly giggling every now and then. Sorta surreal too.

Also, may Michael Shannon and Shea Wigham cross paths (at least have them appear in the same stuff) for as long as they live. They were great in their minor roles.