Great news! Scorsese doing Dylan bio!

Started by Just Withnail, May 20, 2003, 02:07:06 PM

MacGuffin

Scorsese Hasn't Spoken to Dylan About Film

Martin Scorsese has been working on a film about Bob Dylan for two years and there's one important person he hasn't spoken to about it: Bob Dylan.

"I'd not like to deal with the man directly," Scorsese told television critics this weekend. "I'd like to create the story, to find the story, first of all, and then play it out the way I think it's right."

The film concentrates on Dylan's early performing years from 1961 to 1966 and will run this summer as part of the PBS "American Masters" series. Scorsese directed "The Last Waltz" chronicling the final performance of former Dylan backup The Band.

Scorsese has access to 10 hours of fresh Dylan interviews conducted by the singer's manager, and said he may eventually ask Dylan a few questions. Even then, he can never be quite sure if the always inscrutable Dylan is being upfront or not.

"I'm trying to make as honest a film as possible without unnecessary restrictions," he said. "But I think for me, of course, I'm on his side, so I might come out in terms of a pro-Dylan."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Is there such a thing as an Anti-Dylan?

noyes

not to be a jerk, because i'm far from it, but i think my No Direction Home thread, and the link within it (despite having and sharing the same association to Scorsese), fits perfectly and individually into "News about upcoming movies that are actually going to be released soon and have confirmed details"
plus, this hasn't been posted in since january. haha.
oh well.
south america's my name.

GoneSavage

They don't care for your logic, they are moderators.

modage

just re-post the info here and they can change the thread title.  all directors who have forums must have the news about their upcoming projects in those forums.  otherwise: chaos.  :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

This is the reason xixax doesn't get much posts. It's pretty hard to have conversations here.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

noyes

Quote from: themodernage02just re-post the info here and they can change the thread title.  all directors who have forums must have the news about their upcoming projects in those forums.  otherwise: chaos.  :shock:

you're right. i didn't look at it that way.
grapevine and other movies (with the exception of now showing) are exclusively for movies by directors who aren't in the directors chair. i got it. i apoligize for that.
:)
south america's my name.

polkablues

Quote from: PwaybloeIs there such a thing as an Anti-Dylan?

Donovan.

Check out the scene in "Don't Look Back"; it's like putting matter and anti-matter in the same space.
My house, my rules, my coffee