World War Z

Started by MacGuffin, November 08, 2012, 07:31:11 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: June 21, 2013

Starring: Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, David Morse, James Badge Dale

Directed by: Marc Forster

Premise: A U.N. employee is racing against time and fate, as he travels the world trying to stop the outbreak of a deadly Zombie pandemic.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

HeywoodRFloyd

What a waste of a good opportunity. That horde/wave of zombies looks fucking ridiculous. 

Pwaybloe

Haha! I gotta agree.  That trailer cracks me up.  Also, you can see the entire movie in 2min and 27sec. 

©brad

Really? I don't think it looks that bad. Wasn't this the movie though were Pitt and the director were fighting the entire time, to the point that they wouldn't even speak to each other on set and a back-up director was almost hired?

RegularKarate

Quote from: ©brad on November 09, 2012, 08:46:06 AM
Really? I don't think it looks that bad. Wasn't this the movie though were Pitt and the director were fighting the entire time, to the point that they wouldn't even speak to each other on set and a back-up director was almost hired?

Yeah, and I think they had to re-write the ending after it was already shot.

Even if you ignore all that, this trailer is bland as all hell. There is absolutely nothing new or interesting here. What a bore.

matt35mm

Listen yeah, the only thing we need to know is that this was directed by Marc Forster, a man who never met a boring choice he didn't like.

socketlevel

Those waves of runners look pretty cool though.
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kellen

Garam

The exterior shots of 'Philadelphia' in this are actually Glasgow, Scotland. That's the only reason i'd want to see this. Just curious how convincing UK can appear as the US without making a giant Eyes Wide Shut style set. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a shot of this filmed in America.

FLIM GLASGOW

Kellen

This is a worse version of Boyle's 28 Days Later but with a bigger budget.

diggler

I would've enjoyed this more if it didn't strain so much to NOT show blood. Some of the cutaways were pretty distracting, to the point where you couldn't even tell what the characters were doing. It's no disaster, though, and everything leading up to Pitt leaving the boat was pretty well done. I couldn't tell if the Israel scene was racist or not, but that's Israel for you.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

xerxes

Well, that was some of the worst editing I've seen in a long time. There was, however, a scene where Pitt and his wife both enter each other's names into their caller id upon separating that was pretty amazing. You should not see this movie.

BB

This may as well have been a radio play for its visual coherence. Some truly befuddling sequences. 

SPOILERS

Favourite moment: When Brad Pitt pauses in his victory to enjoy a cool, refreshing Pepsi.

polkablues

Zombie apocalypse? Just means more Pepsi for me.
PEPSI®
Refresh Everything
My house, my rules, my coffee