Devil's Knot

Started by Fernando, November 20, 2013, 12:03:51 PM

Fernando

Trailer

Release date: 2014 (around spring probably)

Starring: Reese Witherspoon, Colin Firth, Dane DeHaan, Mireille Enos and Stephen Moyer

Directed by: Atom Egoyan

Premise: Based on the West Memphis Three murders story and its controversial trial.

Reel

Thanks for posting. I don't like the sensational trailer geared toward those ignorant of the case, it seems to really trivialize certain details. Ehh, whatdyagonnado? Most trailers suck now..It looks like a competent film with good people involved, but I'm just not sure how it will jibe with some of the actual facts that have been coming out of the recent Paradise Lost  3 and West Of Memphis documentaries. I'm so familiar with those and they've stricken such a cord in my soul that I can't help but see right through what they're presenting in this trailer as an attempt to 'Movie it up' with this story, and I just find that repulsive. I've already heard that Damien has basically boycotted the film after reading the script and seeing their skewed portrayal of him. I'm sure they make it seem really convincing that he's a satanic cult leader for 80 minutes and then throw a twist at you in the last 35, "but wait, there's no evidence, Tom" ( track in ).

That being said, I have faith that Egoyan will do the right thing and handle this properly. My knee jerk reaction that the trailer was very negative, but I'm still holding out hope that there will be some very gripping drama to sink my teeth into amidst all of the hullabaloo. They already got my $10.50 

Reel