Here's Some Things We Can All Agree On

Started by Finn, January 02, 2004, 10:58:36 PM

cine

Quote from: SoNowThenI say wear your bitterness like a badge of honor. I do.
Fair Enough.

Quote from: chuckhimselfono no no, it's just that sometimes you're tough-love.
Fuck you...

Pubrick

i thought it was a compliment  :shock:

sonowthen, don't send cinephile to the dark side. u could learn a thing or two from his queer make-over.
under the paving stones.

Quote from: Pi thought it was a compliment  :shock:

me too  . still do.
context, context, context.

cine

I got the compliment. I love chuck when he's not full of himselfo.

SoNowThen

Quote from: Pi thought it was a compliment  :shock:

sonowthen, don't send cinephile to the dark side. u could learn a thing or two from his queer make-over.

I could learn to be more accepting of your abuse??
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

well this went to shit pretty quick.

where's slorg when u need him.
under the paving stones.

cine

On his new livejournal? Dear lord....

Pubrick

Quote from: CinephileOn his new livejournal? Dear lord....
hahaha, see slorg! i told u!

seriously tho, the CPA story was good.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

c.o.n.g.r.a.t.s.      m.a.c.g.u.f.f.i.n.

::taps the 'num lock' key to the beat of simply the best::

RegularKarate

5000  is a pretty big number.

I'm glad you're around Mac... it wouldn't be the same without you.

Sleuth

Quote from: CinephileOn his new livejournal? Dear lord....

What's the problem?
I like to hug dogs

Fernando

Hey Mac, are you paying homage to some members?

themacguffinage02, MacGuffinhimselfo and what was the other before themacguffinage02?

Just asking.

Sleuth

MacSlorGuffin!  The post right above you!  Winner of the XIXAX DEKAPENTICON, I mean, heeeelloooo ::SNIDE EYEROLL::
I like to hug dogs