What DVDs did you get for the Christmas?

Started by Banky, December 03, 2003, 01:16:54 PM

classical gas

Naked (never seen it)
Songs from the second floor (never seen it either)
downfall
jesus' son
leaving las vegas
dancer in the dark

so, only one of those is a dvd (downfall), but i'm poor....so what do i win?  a VCR, perhaps?

Pubrick

Quote from: classical gas on January 05, 2006, 11:44:43 PM
so, only one of those is a dvd (downfall), but i'm poor....so what do i win?  a VCR, perhaps?
you would've been the winner by an overwhelming margin, the people's champ, a classic underdog.. if it weren't for this last part.

:violin: a sad day for the sport of dvd boxing.
under the paving stones.

context, context, context.

meatwad

a little late

Heaven Can Wait
Au Hasard Balthazar
New order Item- A Collection & New Order Story
JFK (Director's Cut Two Disc)

my family is poor, so i don't get tons of dvd's for christmas

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Since they're poor, did they steal the special edition, two criterions and the collection?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

meatwad

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob on January 09, 2006, 03:03:35 PM
Since they're poor, did they steal the special edition, two criterions and the collection?

yes, and i wish they stole me some of those seinfeld sets, or some of the curb sets for that matter

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

cine

sorry for the lateness here but i win for these alone:

extra thanks to bethie claus for spoiling the hell out of me.. and for letting me win this thread.  :yabbse-thumbup:

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SiliasRuby

From Two Good Friends For Christmas...
on dvd, I had it on VHS but I'm so happy to get it now on DVD
and
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Fernando

Quote from: SiliasRuby on December 22, 2006, 01:17:41 AM
From Two Good Friends For Christmas...

I think is time to use/bump this thread.

Xx

Ravi

My parents always give me cash for Christmas/birthdays/Guy Fawkes Day, so I took advantages of Blockbuster's 4 for $20 today:

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

matt35mm

Quote from: Ravi on December 23, 2006, 08:35:13 PM
My parents always give me cash for Christmas/birthdays/Guy Fawkes Day, so I took advantages of Blockbuster's 4 for $20 today:

Ratcatcher for $5 is a damned good deal.

And a few of you have really nice and savvy bosses.