camera rentals

Started by zerocool41, January 21, 2003, 09:37:36 PM

zerocool41

Hey i was curious if camera shops rent out cameras...such as the gl1, xl1s, or any i guess...and if they do..what kind of daily rates are there?
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

Xixax

Depends on where you're located and if there's any type of "scene" there.

Believe it or not, there's a pretty healthy indie film community here in Nashville. We've even got our own indie film festival that runs for a week in June. There are a few places here in town to rent gear.

If you're in a decent sized city, I'd think you'd have no problem - particularly if you're looking for DV stuff. 16mm and definitely 35mm would be more difficult.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aclockworkjj

Yes there are lots of places that rent those cameras out......I used to work for one......just some general pricing to expect (it's pretty standard)

XL-1 ...about $150-200/day
GL-1...$100-150/day

But realize a lot of places have weekly rates...such as you get charged a 3 day charge for the entire week.....each place is different.

aclockworkjj

Also....I know we used to ship cameras across the country...search around.  

Another also....be aware that every place will require a deposit...such as a credit card authorization for the entire value of the camera...and maybe even proof of insurance.  Most places have insurance for their own mishaps....but as soon as that camera leaves the store....it's in your hands....so don't end up paying full price for a broken GL-1.....lol