Best Documentary: FAHRENHEIT 9/11

THE NOMINEES

Control Room
Fahrenheit 9/11
Super Size Me
Tarnation
Touching the Void

Kal

Maybe we can get Michael Moore to come and say something... accept his prize... given that he is not winning anything else this year... fat bastard

Pedro

the more i think about this movie, the worse i think it is.  the more i think about tarnation, the better i think it is.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pedro the Alpacathe more i think about this movie, the worse i think it is.  the more i think about tarnation, the better i think it is.

I felt the same way, but then I watched it again and it really was as good when I saw it opening day with a fully packed theater of union workers.

Come on, man!  Lost Boys of Sudan ain't representin up there!?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

life_boy

Has anyone seen Control Room?  Or is there a widespread indifference to it for some reason?

xerxes

control room was very good.

so was fahrenheit 9/11.

and tarnation.

let's all complain some more

pete

control room was great, so was the corporation.  yes men was good too.  I finally saw Born into the Brothels and that one deserves the academy award.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pedro

Quote from: petecontrol room was great, so was the corporation.  yes men was good too.  I finally saw Born into the Brothels and that one deserves the academy award.
yeah, i'd say control room is in the top 5 of the year, and certainly the best documentary.  i shouldve said that earlier.  

i still think tarnation is excellent.

Weird. Oh

Quote from: life_boyHas anyone seen Control Room?  Or is there a widespread indifference to it for some reason?

I didn't get a chance to vote, but I definitely thought that Control Room was a much better film overall than F911. Instead of being a movie threading together a bunch of conspiracy theories and editing tricks to paint a picture of a corrupt amdminstration, Control Room gave insight into the divide between the Arabs and the US. Personally, I think it helped me understand the differences and where they stem from.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.