eyes wide shut conspiracy

Started by cowboykurtis, October 25, 2004, 07:31:27 PM

mutinyco

My tongue is sticking out my ear.

The Shining is really about America's idealistic image vs. its reality. It's filled with symbols: The American flag on Ullman's desk, one in the games room, Danny's Mickey Mouse shirt and his rocket sweater with USA printed on it, the final photo of Jack taken on July 4th...

But the reality is that this nation was founded on genocide, racism and class warfare. It's all there -- the Indian burial ground and many references throughout (yes, all of the rug patterns were intentionally chosen by K). The "nigger cook". The British servant who was there first and has now turned duties over to Jack.

And finally, as stated in Barry Lyndon, the means by which you achieve success are ultimately the cause of your undoing. And we're now in the present, with the age of TV, watching as the American family has begun disintegrating.

Among other things. Not even to get into its use of "doubles" and all of that..
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

private witt

if Kubrick could come back to life, how many people would he strangle and for why?  I can think of at least three, with, like, no problem.  who else?  who deserves the "aforementioned art of judication"?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

cine

Quote from: private wittif Kubrick could come back to life, how many people would he strangle and for why?  I can think of at least three, with, like, no problem.  who else?
wait, um.. you didn't even name the three people and you're already saying 'who else'. easy tiger..