"I Lost My Ship," The Master teaser - camera rig

Started by jery5, March 27, 2017, 11:57:49 AM

jery5

Back in 2012 I swear I read an interview with PTA in which he mentioned the rig used to shoot this scene.

In his NPR/Fresh Air interview he mentions that the 65mm camera on a Steadicam was a no-go:
QuoteSome of these cameras are teeny, you know, and with 65 millimeter cameras, you are limited because they're very - they're incredibly large and they're loud and you can't kind of fling them around or put them on a Steadicam or - you can put them on your shoulder if you have a really good chiropractor or masseuse.

What I remember is something about two camera operators holding the 65mm camera between them on a platform. Some kind of two person shoulder rig? The movement in the shot is really unusual.

Hoping someone either remembers or, better yet, can link to the interview! I read through all The Master press tour PTA interviews on C&RV and none mention this.

Reel

greenberryhill

I remember he mentions in an interview that some scenes for The Master were shoot in 35mm. And I think this was one of the scenes.

jery5

Quote from: greenberryhill on March 28, 2017, 05:22:33 PM
I remember he mentions in an interview that some scenes for The Master were shoot in 35mm. And I think this was one of the scenes.
Maybe 35mm, but it's not a Steadicam shot. The movement is too erratic.

Quote from: Reelist on March 27, 2017, 03:23:34 PM
I believe it's a wheelbarrow
More likely than Steadicam, I guess.