Problems with DCR-TRV 250

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 19, 2005, 12:18:42 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It might be an internal problem, but the screen is only showing black.  

Things I've tried...

I adjusted the exposure to check, white balancing, all the stats like "STBY or REC" and all that information appear, but to just black, no matter what I point it at (yes, I've removed the lens cap.)  

Is this problem easily fixable?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrickremove the lens cap.

Quote from: walruS(yes, I've removed the lens cap.)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

Look into getting a mongoose.

Jeremy Blackman

Is it just the LCD? Have you tried seeing if it's recording anything?

I have a [similarly ancient] 130, and I've had no problems except the VCR buttons wearing out. I've dropped it a lot, too. Kind of miraculous for a Sony product.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIs it just the LCD? Have you tried seeing if it's recording anything?

I have a [similarly ancient] 130, and I've had no problems except the VCR buttons wearing out. I've dropped it a lot, too. Kind of miraculous for a Sony product.

It's not just the LCD, I think it's a problem with the iris.  It can record audio, but the video is just black.  

Is there anything I can do without havign to get it repaired, because it seems like I'd pay more to have it repaired than to get a newer, better one.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Tictacbk

damnit i have a DCR-HC40!

well actually i guess thats good news if mine ever dies...

Pubrick

under the paving stones.