One week free at DL.com

Started by edison, September 08, 2003, 11:31:39 PM

edison

In case anyone is interested, DavidLynch.com is giving away a 7 day trial membership.

MacGuffin

Am I blind or do I not see that offer anywhere on his site? Where does it say that?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I don't want to do this, because I know it's going to be awesome.  I just don't have the money
I like to hug dogs

budgie

Quote from: tremoloslothI don't want to do this, because I know it's going to be awesome.  I just don't have the money

You really could see everything in a week. And I bet you have money for beer and shit films.

Sleuth

Quote from: budgie
Quote from: tremoloslothI don't want to do this, because I know it's going to be awesome.  I just don't have the money

You really could see everything in a week. And I bet you have money for beer and shit films.

Haha, did I anger you somewhere?  I hardly see movies anymore.  Seriously, I'm low on cash
I like to hug dogs

budgie

No, I'm just pre-menstrual and in a fucking bad mood with everyone and everything yesterday and today. Even Rich Linklater, see?

And in this mood I'm sick of people moaning about David Lynch asking for cash for his art. It's not vital you see what's on his site, so if you don't want to spend a few quid seeing then just forget it.

What is worth moaning about is the Eraserhead outrage.

Ghostboy

I looked all over the site too and found no mention of the free trial. No matter -- I think I'm going to go ahead and pay for it for a month. It's cheap, and my curiosity has been piqued.

Budgie, now that I have the Eraserhead DVD, I wonder why I didn't spend that fifty dollars earlier. Unless you mean that the outrage is that you can't order it in the UK.

Ghostboy

Oh that's right, I'm blind.

Aces.

budgie

Quote from: GhostboyBudgie, now that I have the Eraserhead DVD, I wonder why I didn't spend that fifty dollars earlier. Unless you mean that the outrage is that you can't order it in the UK.

Yes. I want to be able to steal a Region 2 from HMV for convenience.

But I'm torn. I understand everything except the Regionality.

Cecil

isnt the dvd lynch is selling on his site region 0? that means you can get someone in the us to buy it and send it to you.

budgie

If it is, then I take back my bitter thoughts.

Yes. Would someone buy it for me and send it? A gift. I'm waiting.

MacGuffin

Quote from: budgieWould someone buy it for me and send it? A gift. I'm waiting.

My offer to you will always stand.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Weak2ndAct

Jeez, I wish DL.com would have given out these memberships earlier on.  I was a member for like 8 or 9 months at found it to be disappointing.  Just not updated enough.  And good luck talking to Lynch in the chat room if you're not a crazy girl or someone who wants to talk about meditation.  7 days is enough to see what's on there, hell it would take and afternoon if you have broadband.

The Eraserhead and Short Films dvds are well worth the money if you can afford the hit on your wallet.