Best Scream Queen

Started by Banky, October 30, 2003, 09:14:11 PM

Banky

aclockworkjj

yes. yuck.  

(dirball :wink: , I was talkin' about her acting...but no, I don't find her attractive either)

bonanzataz

pickin's were pretty slim here, ace.

i also would have said janet leigh, but it's obviously jaime lee. i don't think neve campbell even screams in any of the scream movies. maybe a little yelp, but she never gives a full on scream because she's the tough, take charge, female who's ready to kick ass.

does anybody else here think scream would have been a million times better had it not been so polished and maybe set in a much smaller, southern town rather than in some suburb of los angeles? i just feel like had the killers been idiots who wanted excitement rather than smart teenagers who were upset over their parents divorce... i don't know. i feel like the script needed another rewrite and maybe wes craven wasn't the man for the job.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Banky

Quote from: bonanzatazpickin's were pretty slim here, ace.

i also would have said janet leigh, but it's obviously jaime lee. i don't think neve campbell even screams in any of the scream movies. maybe a little yelp, but she never gives a full on scream because she's the tough, take charge, female who's ready to kick ass.

does anybody else here think scream would have been a million times better had it not been so polished and maybe set in a much smaller, southern town rather than in some suburb of los angeles? i just feel like had the killers been idiots who wanted excitement rather than smart teenagers who were upset over their parents divorce... i don't know. i feel like the script needed another rewrite and maybe wes craven wasn't the man for the job.

i think it was just fine

Alethia

jamie lee jamie lee jamie lee.  if neve campbell's on the list why not put on sigourney weaver?   knowwhatimean?

Banky

good point i totally forgot her

modage

Quote from: ewardjamie lee jamie lee jamie lee.  if neve campbell's on the list why not put on sigourney weaver?   knowwhatimean?

because she wasnt really a "scream queen", she was more of a badass.  and i thought scream queen was more reserved for characters in slasher pics.  my vote is for marilyn burns cause nobody is as freaked out as her at the end of TCM when shes covered in blood telling the truck to go and leatherface is running after the truck.  when she starts laughing through her screaming, it is priceless.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

My vote also would've went to Janet Leigh, with the runner up being Nathan Lane for The Birdcage.

Alethia

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: ewardjamie lee jamie lee jamie lee.  if neve campbell's on the list why not put on sigourney weaver?   knowwhatimean?

because she wasnt really a "scream queen", she was more of a badass.  and i thought scream queen was more reserved for characters in slasher pics.  my vote is for marilyn burns cause nobody is as freaked out as her at the end of TCM when shes covered in blood telling the truck to go and leatherface is running after the truck.  when she starts laughing through her screaming, it is priceless.

true.  but i was thinking more the way they acted in the film, not the genre they were in.  neve campbell did more ass kicking than actual screaming, i think.  expecially in the sequels.

but yeah, actually, marilyn burns is probably my favorite now that i think about it.  god, i love that movie.