What's a good movie to see that i haven't heard of?

Started by Crash, May 03, 2003, 10:54:14 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Nice student, thanks for altering my pic

But isnt homophobia against your world view , its not against mine

man on man butt sex is gross

but i got your point

Film Student

First... what the hell are you talking about?

Second... How do you know what my worldview is?

Third... Yes, gay butt sex is gross...
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Quote from: Film StudentFirst... what the hell are you talking about?

Second... How do you know what my worldview is?

Third... Yes, butt sex is gross...

i agree now leave my pic alone and i will lay off

Film Student

I don't know what you're talking about regarding your pic... it looks to me like you have none at the moment... but i'm scared so i'll just say "oh please lay off mr big scary buttersnatch man"
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

phil marlowe

wtf? whats wrong with people. does ones oniens grow during spring time?

cowboykurtis

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: Film StudentWatch "Poison" by Todd Haynes

So, I decided I should give Haynes another shot and last week watched Safe, I thought maybe that one might be better because I love Julianne Moore, but I just did NOT get into this film.  I thought it was worse than Poison.

i also coudnt stand safe. i thought julianne was great -- it was shot very nice -- the tone was amazing as well -- i just couldn't get into it. i just sat there thinking: so this woman is sick from the enviornment -- thats sad, but who really gives a shit -- i have this same reaction when i see film dealing with cancer -- yes cancer is horrible, but do i really want to watch a movie about it  -- i dont think the subject adapted to a good film -- it seems like he was trying to "educate", instead of telling an engaging story -- it simply wasn't interesting... far from heaven on the other hand, was magnificent,
...your excuses are your own...

Link

Quote from: bluhey oklahoma, you got a beeeeeg storm heading your way.  we had hail in utah, you will prob get twirling cows and grain.

huh? xixax.com? ... what?... my buddy jonny says that xixax.com is a website about movies! silly me, i actually came here a forecast reading! if i need weather predictions i'll ask my meteorologist clint boone.

Keener

Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

cowboykurtis

Quote from: KeenerTHE MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL

is this the wim wenders film with mel gibson? many people i've spoke to about this film, said it was garbage -- its left a bad taste in my mouth so i never saw it -- is it good in your opinion?

Sigur Rós

Watch Festen (The Celebration) or Jägerna. Nice skandinavian films  :-D

Ernie

Quote from: Butterscotch Jones
Quote from: Crashi want to be totally surprised when i see Phillip Baker Hall ...

all i know is when i first saw him screwing that chick in  magnolia i was pretty darn  surprised

i just sat there thinking  " well thats just not right"

Lol, me too. Not really cause it was PBH, I didn't know him very well at the time, not really because it was sex either...but still I was fucking shocked for some reason...just because...it's just...there! All of a sudden...there it is! With a huge, fast PUSH IN and everything...it's different. It's one of those..."is he? is she? oh...my...god." moments...which can be great moments.

Anyway, see any of these movies that I'm guessing you haven't heard of. I can't be sure of course..

the 400 blows
all the real girls
alphaville
band of outsiders
bottle rocket
contempt
cq
drugstore cowboy
george washington
fear (1996 version w/ mark whalberg...fucking awesome bad movie)
flirting with disaster
the long goodbye
mccabe & mrs. miller
rio bravo
shoot the piano player
they shoot horses, don't they?
you can count on me

See George Washington and All the Real Girls right now if you want to see the best new filmmaker since PTA!

Keener

Quote from: cowboykurtis

is this the wim wenders film with mel gibson? many people i've spoke to about this film, said it was garbage -- its left a bad taste in my mouth so i never saw it -- is it good in your opinion?

Yeah...everyone hates it but it's one of my all time favorites. Screw people...people say Punch Drunk Love sucks. I don't trust people.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Keener
Quote from: cowboykurtis

Yeah...everyone hates it but it's one of my all time favorites. Screw people...people say Punch Drunk Love sucks. I don't trust people.

well, the people i listen to advice from are people whos opinion i trust. and those very people say it sucks. this poses a predicament -- i dont know enought about you to trust your opinion neccesarily. you say you like punch drunk love, but i dont know why...many people like it for reasons that i find trite -- who's opinion do i trust? ok ok, enough of that.

Redlum

Quote from: ebeaman69they shoot horses, don't they?

Im really interested to see this one, is it really that good eb? Costly import to the UK ya see.

edit: they just released it r2 on some budget collection, and I can get it for £4.50.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas