hard eight screenplay online?

Started by tpfkabi, March 04, 2003, 10:15:51 PM

tpfkabi

is the hard eight screenplay online anywhere? i've never been able to find it to rent, so i figured i'd try to read it online. i've looked through several online script sites, but to no avail.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

sphinx

nope.  there is a shop in LA you can order from, and i know that greg has a few original copies.

Bud_Clay

you can also order it off ebay....or atleast i have...about 2 years ago.

MacGuffin

I got mine from a place in Burbank, CA called Book City (818) 848-4417. There is one in Hollywood too (213) 466-2525.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

xerxes

Quote from: MacGuffinI got mine from a place in Burbank, CA called Book City (818) 848-4417. There is one in Hollywood too (213) 466-2525.

that place is great... found some really cool books on kurosawa there

tpfkabi

finally found a VHS copy Friday. just got done watching it. hmmm, i also saw PDL today at the 1.50 theater........i'm more of a PDL and Magnolia guy than BN or HE......after seeing PDL for the 4th time, i think its getting very close to one of my favorites of all time, top 10

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bigideasi'm more of a PDL and Magnolia guy than BN or HE

awwww, don't do that... BN is great   :yabbse-sad:

bonanzataz

I was expecting more from hard eight when i first saw it, but it grows on you after viewing number 2 (except, for some reason, I felt like the first scene of the movie (in the coffee shop) was very amateurish. rest of the movie i really like though).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Bud_Clay

I don't see why so few people like Sydney (Hard Eight). I think it's an absolutely genius film, and I, for one, am very jealous how amazing it is in all aspects when i watch it. Even with that in consideration I would still place Sydney 3rd with Boogie Nights & Punch-Drunk Love tied for 2nd and the absolutely most amazing film of all time, need I say it's name, for 1st.

Ghostboy

I think Sydney/Hard Eight is nearly perfect. I remember when I first saw it on video, it was almost like some sort of secret discovery...I'd never heard about it, but recognized PTA's name ('Boogie Nights' had just come out), and it really blew me away. That's probably my point of reference for perfection in a first film.

tpfkabi

i didn't say i hated it, i just mean that i enjoy Magnolia and PDL more.
looking at the back of the video cover, it has a picture of someone getting something out of the trunk of a car in the rain. maybe i've forgotten quickly, but i don't remember any rain being in the film.

ReelHotGames

I think Sydney is one of the great character pieces of all time, ranking right up IMHO with Mamet's House of Games for a movie that's about relationships and how people react to each other. Some of Philip Baker Hall's looks are so simple, so fucking heart wrenching. And how can you beat Phil Hoffman's turn at the table!!!!
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

fulty

Yes, Hard Eight is great.
I just love it when John is going to watch Sydney "at work"
and he is so exited.  He gets ready by tying his shoes.  
All four Velcro straps.....just perfect..!!
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

tpfkabi

when he gives Sydney back the 150, is it really 150? it was hard to tell with vhs, but it looked like a 20 maybe?

*spoiler*

at the end when Syd was waiting in the apt to kill Jimmy, i thought that John and Clem had set him up and they would be coming in and he would shoot John without knowing. i'm guessing the editing was made to make you think this, or is this just me?

fulty

Quote from: bigideasat the end when Syd was waiting in the apt to kill Jimmy
Trying to remember my first viewing....
I think I was worried that Syd would fall asleep,
then Jimmy would come in and kill Syd.  
John was kind of far away at the time.
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.