HARLAN COUNTY, USA

Started by Alexandro, August 14, 2006, 07:40:26 PM

Alexandro

Tried to find a thread for this witht he Search bar but nothing appeared...If there's one already you can redirect me...

I wanted to see how many people around here had seen Harlan County and what the consensus was. Rented it last week as kind of my extra choice, just to complete four movies instead of three and take advantage of the 2x1 and ended up being my favorite of the bunch I had at t that moment.

What surprised me the most is how new and current the whole problematic of the film feels. I guess injustice and opressed workers are an inherent part of humanity. Loved the soundtrack and the intimate feeling of being in that part of the world at that decisive moment. At some points I got so involved I was actally enraged a tthe way these people were being trated. Criterion rules.

Alexandro

so, no one has anything to say about this...there's tons of things to say about superman returns but not one about harlan county, usa....truly film enthusiasts around here at xixax...
:ponder:

RegularKarate

Quote from: Alexandro on August 18, 2006, 04:46:49 PM
there's tons of things to say about superman returns but not one about harlan county, usa....truly film enthusiasts around here at xixax...
:ponder:

Superman Returns is currently playing in a bajillion theaters, you gave us four days to watch a dvd... that's hardly long enough to change your Netflix queue and have a new movie sent.

You
High Horse

pete

I know, I gave them like a year for Last Life in the Universe, and Ping Pong--LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT HOW LONG IT'S BEEN.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Alexandro

sorry, i guess i figured since i live in mexico and dvds usually take a while to get here that Harlan Usa would actually be old news by now...but hey, go watch it...and Superman Returns is overdiscussed at xixax...