Married to the Mob

Started by aclockworkjj, June 29, 2003, 06:52:10 PM

aclockworkjj

I really am amazed to find Demme behind this.....although an entertaining movie, it is very cheesy...no?  I am gald to see his progression from this film.  Sorry, it happens to be on as a "typical Sunday afternoon movie"...and I just felt the need to comment on it...

Xixax

The only redeeming bit about this film is that fact that it's the only movie to feature songs by the Great Texas 80's Minimalist Rock Punk Band, The Judy's.

shameless plug for one of the other fan sites I run
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

modage

Married To The Mob is my favorite director.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

sexterossa

i thought it was a fun movie.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

soixante

It's a fun movie, visually stimulating, great music, some great acting (Pfeiffer, Dean Stockwell, Mercedes Ruehl).  I never took Michell Pfeiffer seriously before I saw this, and it made me realize she's a great actress.  Also, Married to the Mob predated GoodFellas and Sopranos as far as depicting comical domestic details of mob life.  I'll take Married to the Mob over Silence of the Lambs anyday.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Ernie

Just added it to my Netflix...thanks for bringing it up, sounds like something I'd love...I'd take Something Wild over Silence anyday.

Derek237

I loved this movie, I saw it on TV about 2 months ago. Oddly enough, it was on a Sunday afternoon.  :wink: One of my favourite Demme films (though he's done so little), I'd rank it right after Philadelphia and Silence Of The Lambs. I've noticed that he casts a lot of the same people over like Charles Napier, Chris Issak, and that guy with the lazy eye.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Derek237Oddly enough, it was on a Sunday afternoon.  :wink:

Gotta love those movies!!

off subject....I was surprised to see how high you think of Wonder Boys....every good flick, it's nice to see someone else thinks so too...