Simpsons and Requiem For A Dream

Started by aurora, May 08, 2003, 05:24:21 PM

aurora

This episode was on TV the other night (Lisa is in a spelling competition) for the first time (Australia is behind)

How cool was the Requiem For A Dream sequence in it!

Classic!

modage

so off the wall!  i couldnt believe it the first time it was on cause its such a dead on parody and yet 90% of the people watching the show have no idea.  so funny.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Duck Sauce

at that q&a i went to, Aronofsky said "you know youve made it when they do you on the Simpsons."

aurora

haha thats classic

I wish I could go to a Aronofsky Q&A :'(

I was gonna fly to Sydney and hunt down 'The Fountain' set but then it got canned :(

bonanzataz

i never saw this one, could somebody explain the episode?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

homer eats a new rib sandwich and well its like heroin so they use the shooting up scene from Requiem For A Dream

polkablues

I was blown away when I saw that.

Not so blown away was I when I saw "Darkness Falls" and they rip off "Requiem" when the main character takes pills.

When "Simpsons" does it, it's awesome.  When "Darkness Falls" does it, it's shameful.
My house, my rules, my coffee

©brad

i missed that episode and i am really sick about it. anyone tape it and wanna send it to me? ($)

aurora

Have you got Paypal?

I could send it on CD as a mpeg

©brad

okie dokie. don't have paypal though, don't even know what it is.

ShanghaiOrange

Sealab 2021 did the Requiem parody first, I think.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

joeybdot

It Was Great seeing a Requiem reference in The Simpson's

I Was Watching the Episode with my cousin and i was like "Holy SHit thats awesome man!"  my cousin is like " What?" and i was like"Requiem for a Dream drug eye thing" and shes like "Requieum of a what?"

stupid worthless ignorant people.

The Silver Bullet

I hope you raped him good and proper for it too.

:roll:
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

sexterossa

Quote from: Duck Sauceat that q&a i went to, Aronofsky said "you know youve made it when they do you on the Simpsons."

show off.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.