top 5-10 favorite bands/solo artists right now

Started by Ernie, February 27, 2003, 10:23:44 AM

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanStop it. I'm trying to preserve at least one shred of patriotism at the moment.

The Empire strikes back? Dath Vader=Saddam Hussein=Hot Shots=Charlie Sheen.......I knew it!  :shock:

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Sigur RósDath Vader=Saddam Hussein

nah.. Empire = U.S. ... duhhhh   :yabbse-lipsrsealed:

Sigur Rós

Well, there isn't a literal connection, Dude.   :o

polkablues

I don't how the segue made it to Charlie Sheen, but I'm deeply disturbed now.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

BJORK is coming to New York.

The Icelandic songbird will play an Aug. 22 concert at KeySpan Park in Coney Island, home of the minor-league baseball team the Brooklyn Cyclones.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, with visitors to Bjork's web site (http://www.bjork.com) expected to get first crack. A second Coney Island show may be added.

Now at work on her next album, to be titled, "The Lake Album," Bjork will head to Valencia, Spain, May 30 to launch her European tour; further North American tour dates have yet to be announced.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

moonshiner

let's restart this thread officially....NOW WHAT ARE YOUR TOP BANDS?.....

Radiohead (Hail to the Thief leak, thanks Dirk)
White Stripes new album
Mogwai (mostly Come on Die Young)
AFI Sing the Sorrow
Tool Aenima (therapy needed after listening to Chevelle Wonder What's Next  :yabbse-huh: )
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

life_boy

As of recently:

Radiohead (Hail to the Thief mp3s)
Bruce Cockburn (Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws)
Joni Mitchell (For the Roses)
Bob Dylan (Slow Train Coming)
Wilco (Being There)

Sigur Rós

Radiohead (Hail to the thief)
Minús - Jesus Christ Bobby
Beth Orton - Daybreaker
Calexico- Feast of Wire
Mew - Frengers (Great Danish band!)
The Sounds - Living in America............Just jokin' mogwai  :-D

Raikus

Not overall favorites, the the ones gettin the most play right now:

White Stripes (Elephant)
Ben Fold's Five (Autobiography...)
Socialburn (Where are You?)
Wilco (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot -- haven't picked up Being There yet)
Coldplay (Rush of Blood to the Head)
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

life_boy

Quote from: Raikus
Wilco (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot -- haven't picked up Being There yet)

Being There is an excellent disc (or two).  The more I listen to it, the more I love it.  There's some great stuff on there.  You should check it out sometime since you like YHF.  It comes highly recommended (from me, at least, whatever that's worth to ya').

Raikus

Every time I go into CD Warehouse I drop by the Wilco section to see if it's gone down. They only have one copy and it's $15.99. One of these days I'll just break down and buy it. I've got no question that I'll love it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Kev Hoffman

I personally didn't like Being There too much.  It had a more significant 'country' feel to it than Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (which I love by the way) and it just didn't sit right in my stomach.

Others just love it though.

life_boy

I guess I just like the country feel of it.  At first I didn't like the songs with the heavier country influences but they've grown on me a lot and some of them are now some of my favorite songs on the album.  The same thing happened with A.M.(which I also love, by the way).  Has anyone listened to Summerteeth?  I haven't heard anything off that one yet.

moonshiner

Being There is a great album, shows a little of their progression towards Yankee Hotel Foxtrot....and yes i'm a big fan of the bands roots, which are decisively more country sounding. Uncle Tupelo was a great band...one of my essential discs is their anthology....life boy if you like Wilco's earlier releases, check out the Uncle Tupelo Anthology (89-93)
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one