Burgers in movies ( Unofficial Mr. Burgerking Thread )

Started by Reel, September 22, 2012, 09:42:25 PM

Reel

My brother has this wacky idea of producing an album based around samples of characters mentioning hamburgers in movies. Don't ask why, he can wax philosophical about it late some nights, but when it comes down to it- it's just really funny. He makes great beats, unfortunately I can't link you to any of them because they aren't on the web. He prefers to use old obscure samples taken off of records, I can't really describe his style, it's all over the map, but I think you guys would like it and you will hear it someday.

Anyways I made this thread to get some help from you guys in finding hamburger references in movies. Trust me, it's not that hard, but it's not exactly the type of thing you can easily find in a google search, as I've found out. And hey, wtf. It's fun.

Don't even bother with these:

Pulp Fiction "Royale w. Cheese"

Menace 2 Society "I got these cheeseburgers"

Good Will Hunting "Double burger"

Popeye "I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today"

...see, those are pretty much the only ones I can think of ( off the top ) So, I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Champion Souza

MacGuffin

Anything from Good Burger.

"Double baco cheeseburger. It's for a cop." - Super Troopers

"Drive up to the clown. It's a Burger World town." - Married To The Mob
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

PF also has Big Kahuna Burger.

Michael Douglas' meltdown at the fast food place in Falling Down.

Sling Blade - french fried taters.

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reel

Quote from: Sleepless on September 24, 2012, 09:19:10 AM
Sling Blade - french fried taters.

Fun Fact- The word 'Tater tots' makes Billy Bob Thornton physically ill. To this day he can't bring himself to say the word and to mention it has to spell it out phonetically.

matt35mm

diggler

American Beauty -

Harold and Kumar -

Half Baked - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-41qSBmGI&feature=fvwrel

Fast and the Furious - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqbE8rR8kAE&feature=related

Dumb and Dumber -

Bleeder -

Don't be a Menace -

American Splendor -

American Movie -

Super Troopers -

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

pete

Baxter had a GREAT three-way date in a "special out of the way burger place".
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Tictacbk

cinemanarchist

I haven't actually seen it, but I feel like that Ryan Reynolds movie, Waiting, might have something.

DDiggler took care of so many of the good ones. 
My assholeness knows no bounds.

DocSportello

It's not a movie but the John Belushi "cheeseburger! cheeseburger!" SNL skit would be pretty perfect.

Reel

^My Dad suggested that too. I don't think I've ever seen it, though. It's ok to mention stuff outside of movies, any kind of soundbite will do, but the movie thing gives this thread more of a focus.

My brother really appreciated your guys' efforts! I think the one we laughed about the most was from 'American Movie', we forgot all about that. Brilliant. He wanted to start a blog for the project, but when I told him about this he figured this would be just as good for a place to compile all the clips, and talk about it, whatever. Maybe I'll be able to get him to upload some of the beats for you guys to hear, hopefully soon.

I think it was the first time I've ever heard another Human person say "Xixax" out loud before, last night. It was cool.