The 83rd Annual Academy Awards

Started by MacGuffin, March 25, 2010, 01:01:48 PM

Pas

Hahahaha all my life I thought Rand Newman and Randy Quaid were the same person

Stefen

^lol. For years I thought the same about Neil Diamond and Neil Young. When I heard Neil Young performed with Pearl Jam I told my grandmother she has awesome taste.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

Randy Newman is actually a robot operated by elves and buffed to a high polish by a squadron of bunny rabbit tails.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

Fake Musical montage put the show right back on top. Then the brought on Oprah  :doh:
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

I turned the Oscars on just in time to watch autotune land on the far end of the shark.
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

And Exit Through the Gift Shop lost, thereby ending the possibility of anything interesting in any way happening tonight. I'm out. I just need to find something to watch for the next half-hour before Amazing Race starts.

Sleepless

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

^ Absolutely.

I'm still feeling bad I tuned out when Celine Dion came on and missed half the In Memoriam.

Stefen

He shouldn't even have received a nomination over Nolan.

Reel

Nat Po winning was a big surprise!! I got douche chills everytime I thought of Benning getting it, suck on that Benning!

Stefen

Worst Oscars ever.

NEVER TRUST THEM.

polkablues

modage

Predictable. After a few exciting years it's back to business as usual for the Oscars. Being wrong is their full-time job.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleepless

There were a few awards which I was happy about, a really boring stretch which last 2 hours, then a disappointing end to the night. And I now dislike Melissa Leo - as amazing an actress as she is, really disliked her attitude tonight. I won an oscar, I'm awesome, blaaaah.