sigur ros & mogwai

Started by abbey road, May 20, 2003, 11:21:23 AM

frylock

the mogwai concert was truly amazing (it happened about 3 weeks ago).  best concert ive ever seen.

Sigur Rós

OK, now I've listened to the new Mogwai album like a 1000 times and yep this is fucking great. Love it. I totally understand why 'mogwai' named himself after this band. The guitarsound is a little Sigur Rósish, rite?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaii actually chose mogwai after the furry creature in gremlins. i discovered mogwai by a pure coincidence
finger's crossed.

Official xixax fun fact!

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: children with angelsStina Nordenstam, anyone...?

I listened to a 30-second sample of "Everyone Else in the World"... and I almost cried.

I just ordered a $20 copy of "This Is"... which apparently is not easy to find for under $35.

mogwai

radio songs

mogwai are releasing a selection of radio sessions this autumn.

'government commissions (bbc sessions 1996-2003)' collects material from the post-rock scots' sessions for radio 1's john peel and evening session shows. it precedes a new album next year and is released on october 25.

fresh from the curiosa tour of the us, mainman stuart braithwaite said: "the reason we're putting out this collection is simple, the recordings here are worth hearing. some are definitely better than the official recordings. some are sketchy but to be honest so are we. sketchy but nice. nicely sketchy."

the tracklisting is:

'hunted by a freak' (recorded at maida vale 21st may 2003)
'r u still in 2 it' (recorded at the hippodrome 22nd december 1996)
'helicon 2' (recorded at maida vale 20th january 1998)
'kappa' (recorded at maida vale 23rd august 1998)
'cody' (recorded maida vale 23rd august 1998)
'like herod' (recorded maida vale 28th october 1997)
'secret pint' (recorded at maida vale 10th april 2001)
'superheroes of bmx' (recorded at the hippodrome 22nd december 1996)
'helicon 1' (recorded at maida vale 20th january 1998)
'stop coming to my house' (recorded at maida vale 21st may 2003)

mogwai

sigur ros is playing in denmark in july. one ticket costs about $47 which is fucked up. is there anyone can pep me to buy a ticket? if they play olsen olsen and the other hit singles i'm definitely going.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaisigur ros is playing in denmark in july. one ticket costs about $47 which is fucked up. is there anyone can pep me to buy a ticket? if they play olsen olsen and the other hit singles i'm definitely going.

Ironically enough, I'm in Iceland at that time...

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwaisigur ros is playing in denmark in july.
they're playing here late august. i got my tickets today.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

I can't believe that they are playing here in July when I'm in Iceland. Jonsi was invited to the birthday I'm going to. That's what I call bad timing!

Stefen

Time for you to change your username. Poser. Nothing would ever stop me from watching myself or anyone else I was named after play.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: StefenTime for you to change your username. Poser. Nothing would ever stop me from watching myself or anyone else I was named after play.

Change is complete. Now I have my real first name.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Stefenhahahaa. THOR.

Yeah, that's my name. Makes you think doesn't it?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Frankly, it turns me on.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye