The most annoying thing in the world....

Started by russiasusha, May 04, 2003, 03:45:18 AM

russiasusha

People talking during a fucking movie.  Just finished watching Rushmore w/ some friends, and they couldn't fucking shut up for a second!

Just because there aren't explosions every five seconds and tits the, uh, other remaining seconds!!!

I hate people.....

They wanted to watch top gun.....
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Sal

I have a friend who's got an annoying laugh, so whenever he wants to go see a comedy, I'm really relunctant.  I limit him to dramas 'cause I just can't take that shrilly laugh.  It makes whatever's funny less so.

cowboykurtis

Have you ever had people talk during a film YOU made. it's like a stake through the heart. Showing it to a large festival crowd and seeing people talking or shuffling around is agonizing.
...your excuses are your own...

Keener

I can't watch a movie with my family because my mom likes finishing obvious quotes and telling us what she thinks is going to happen next.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Duck Sauce

Quote from: russiasusha
Just because there aren't explosions every five seconds and tits the, uh, other remaining seconds!!!

If i had a dime for everytime ive heard this. If you knew they thought this way going in, why did you watch it with them?

At home, I watch movies by myself.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: cowboykurtisHave you ever had people talk during a film YOU made. it's like a stake through the heart. Showing it to a large festival crowd and seeing people talking or shuffling around is agonizing.

I know what you're saying except I've never had anything I've done at a film festival. Anytime someone asks to see my shorts I'm a little reluctant about their intentions. Some people while they watch start talking to me during the thing and asking how I did certain things or telling me it's funny. I dont get it, why do they tell me its funny when I obviously thought it was funny enough to put it in a film in the first place. So I always leave when they watch it.

Ravi

Quote from: EL__SCORCHO
I know what you're saying except I've never had anything I've done at a film festival. Anytime someone asks to see my shorts I'm a little reluctant about their intentions.

Soon after people ask to see my shorts, they ask me to put my pants back on.

QuoteSome people while they watch start talking to me during the thing and asking how I did certain things or telling me it's funny. I dont get it, why do they tell me its funny when I obviously thought it was funny enough to put it in a film in the first place. So I always leave when they watch it.

I had the opposite experience once.  I entered one of my early comedy films in a film fest among the 3 senior high schools in my district and it was met with a chilling silence for most of the running time.  Nobody liked my film.  That was the worst feeling in the world.  The film was terrible, so I don't blame the audience for not laughing.  A few of the jokes at the end got pretty big laughs, though.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

russiasusha

QuoteIf i had a dime for everytime ive heard this. If you knew they thought this way going in, why did you watch it with them?

i'm a college kid and they're college kids.  General Rule:  Every college kid likes Rushmore!  So when they said they never seen it, i shit my pants and insisted they do.....You know the rest of the story.   :cry:
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

bonanzataz

whenever my friend sees any movie not in theaters, he always asks questions. "how did that happen?" "wait, what's going on?" "i don't understand." because he tunes out occassionally. if we're watching a funny movie, he'll laugh, and then repeat the line that he just laughed at. it's actually quite bizarre.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Tiff

Quote from: bonanzatazwhenever my friend sees any movie not in theaters, he always asks questions. "how did that happen?" "wait, what's going on?" "i don't understand." because he tunes out occassionally. if we're watching a funny movie, he'll laugh, and then repeat the line that he just laughed at. it's actually quite bizarre.

all my friends are like that. sorry mate, but i think your friend's secretly a chick.
"Shut the fuck up!"

snaporaz

Quote from: bonanzatazif we're watching a funny movie, he'll laugh, and then repeat the line that he just laughed at. it's actually quite bizarre.

god fucking damnit i hate that shit.

jesus christ. i know a shit load of people who do that. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM.

and my special lady-friend does that shit too. christ. and i'm too much of a pussy to tell her it's annoying. she doesn't do it that bad though. she's not as much as this other guy i know. we were watching futurama the other night and...jesus. he wouldn't stop.

Sleuth

Quote from: snaporaz
Quote from: bonanzatazif we're watching a funny movie, he'll laugh, and then repeat the line that he just laughed at. it's actually quite bizarre.

god fucking damnit i hate that shit.

jesus christ. i know a shit load of people who do that. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM.

and my special lady-friend does that shit too. christ. and i'm too much of a pussy to tell her it's annoying. she doesn't do it that bad though. she's not as much as this other guy i know. we were watching futurama the other night and...jesus. he wouldn't stop.

This ties for the most annoying thing

...the other thing being PEOPLE WHO TAKES BABIES TO THE MOVIES WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE FUCK WHO DOES THAT I WANT TO FIND THEM AND STEAL THEIR BABIESSSSSS AARRRR  i don't like babies
I like to hug dogs

rustinglass

snaporaz:"...my special lady friend..."

"she's not my special lady, she's my fucking lady friend!"
(lebowsky)
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica