16 Blocks

Started by The Red Vine, March 03, 2006, 02:09:35 AM

The Red Vine

I figured this would be shit, but here's an interesting review the movie received.

"The movie has an ending so Pollyannaish that I expected a chorus of animated daisies to jump out of somebody's ass."

- Walter Chaw, FILM FREAK CENTRAL
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

©brad

for those of you who don't know (cuz i didn't):

Pollyannaish
adj : pleasantly (even unrealistically) optimistic [syn: cheerful, upbeat]

pete

it wasn't a reference to:

?

Or did I miss a joke?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

it WAS a reference to Polyanna... but I don't think it's a joke if it's not funny.  and it's probably not a thread if it's worthless.

pete

- Buster Keaton

pete

I've realized that I've posted three times in this thread already, and this movie probably doesn't warrant anyone spending his time talking about it, on the internet or otherwise, but since nobody I know in real life has seen it, I can only talk about it here, it's the only way where I feel like my hour and half might've meant something in the universe.

what a lousy, lousy movie.  I hate action movies nowadays, I truly do.  I hate movies that fancy themselves to be above genre action movies, so they build the whole movie up like an action movie, only to end it as some b-rated tv drama.  I'm talking about it like it's a trend even though I haven't seen that many studio action movies lately, but I dunno, the movie seemed like it did exactly what all the other faux-thrillers were probably doing, so I'm gonna stand by my statement.
- Buster Keaton